The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Mine aren't off, which is annoying as I've got a couple of plans for Monday, it's going to be a busy day!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by greeneyedgirl
See I'm studying it not to get a good grade or anything but cos I find it fascinating and it fits in well with Eng Lang :yep:

Well I was the same, I did it purely out of interest and I loved it. Worked well with biology too. But I really did not have the money for all my textbooks, and biology was more important to me (plus I can use that book for a couple of my modules this year). I'd recommend using the podcasts anyway, even with the textbook - they're a really good study tool, and if you find it interesting it's great to hear all the lectures again in your own time :smile:
Reply 4122
Original post by Aurora.
If it helps I did Psychology 1 without the textbook last year... But if you want to get it, it can definitely wait til after payday :smile:

Really?! The way they put it it's as though you need to use it a lot! That's reassured me somewhat lol.
I'm doing Psychology, so if you need to borrow textbook do just ask :yep:

This week you only missed introductory lecture and one on autism and one on sleep which have both been recorded (in theory)

Ooh thanks :biggrin: I've ordered it anyway but thanks a lot :redface:
Where do I find them? :O I was wondering why the Moodle page for Psych was so bare, that must be why lol. That is also reassuring, you guys are good :p:
Original post by bex285
Really?! The way they put it it's as though you need to use it a lot! That's reassured me somewhat lol.

Where do I find them? :O I was wondering why the Moodle page for Psych was so bare, that must be why lol. That is also reassuring, you guys are good :p:

The psychology department insists on being different - it has a 'portal', so moodle is only used for coursework hand-ins for some reason.

Google 'glasgow uni psychology portal' and log in with your normal GUID and password :smile:
Reply 4124
Original post by Aurora.
The psychology department insists on being different - it has a 'portal', so moodle is only used for coursework hand-ins for some reason.

Google 'glasgow uni psychology portal' and log in with your normal GUID and password :smile:

I see! Thanks a lot :biggrin:
Actually looking forward to my first lecture tomorrow, just a shame it's at 9am!
Original post by bex285

Yeah it's all on the portal :smile:
Original post by bex285
I see! Thanks a lot :biggrin:
Actually looking forward to my first lecture tomorrow, just a shame it's at 9am!

Haha I had 9am starts all last year and now all this year too. It's not so bad really...
9am starts every day... 5 days a week. Had it last year as well though so I'm very used to it! :P
Original post by Little Hobbit
9am starts every day... 5 days a week. Had it last year as well though so I'm very used to it! :P

You get a career at the end of your degree tho...I'm waking up for 9ams and I'm gonna be jobless :sadnod:
You get a career at the end of your degree tho...I'm waking up for 9ams and I'm gonna be jobless :sadnod:

Uck so will I there's barely any nursing jobs in Scotland atm. London, here I come!
Uck so will I there's barely any nursing jobs in Scotland atm. London, here I come!

:console: least you know your future career, I'm clueless...WH Smiths have said they'll have me back tho :afraid:

I had 8am classes every morning my first year of undergrad.
Why is the QMU website down? :frown: How do I become a member?

I was going to join the GUU but it seems a bit ... dry. :dontknow: I love live music and theatre and comedy more than debating.

Original post by ThatOneGuy
I had 8am classes every morning my first year of undergrad.

I knew a girl from New Jersey who told me her school had an 8am start :eek:
You know what sucks? Still being awake at nearly 6am with a 10am lecture. I have decided to forego sleep so I won't sleep in and miss the lecture. Like a boss.

*gets a mug of coffee* :colonhash:
Original post by bex285
Yup, they did the imperative tense in lecture 1, and speak mainly in German even though it's a beginners' class. Most people in the class have done German before so I feel stoopid having done absolutely zilch! I can't, I didn't do the stuff during the summer and it'd be too much anyway doing 4 culture classes :frown: French and Spanish culture are bad enough, never mind level 1 and level 2 Italian :tongue:

I miss her :frown:

I would love to learn German. I nearly chose it instead of Standard Grade French. I love how it's so ... forceful :colone:

Italian is such a sexy language :sexface:
I think Eng Lang and my Eng Lit aren't happening

Wait are you doing level 2 Eng Lit? :s-smilie:

I can't keep track of this. I still think I'm doing level 2 Eng Lang FFS :colondollar:

And I still haven't read Things Fall Apart. :facepalm2:

I was going to go to a theatre group audition today but ... naaaahhh :colonhash: Kind of CBA being in a Shakespeare play this semester anyway.

OMG me toooo :biggrin: I have wanted to move to London since I was 14. I spent two weeks there this summer :love:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Wait are you doing level 2 Eng Lit? :s-smilie:

I can't keep track of this. I still think I'm doing level 2 Eng Lang FFS :colondollar:

And I still haven't read Things Fall Apart. :facepalm2:

I was going to go to a theatre group audition today but ... naaaahhh :colonhash: Kind of CBA being in a Shakespeare play this semester anyway.

Yeah I am...and the lecture is on, it's last monday's we had off :colondollar:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Why is the QMU website down? :frown: How do I become a member?

I was going to join the GUU but it seems a bit ... dry. :dontknow: I love live music and theatre and comedy more than debating.

Just go into the QM. You have to do it in person, it should just be in the cloakroom during the day.
Reply 4139
Original post by bex285
Yup, they did the imperative tense in lecture 1, and speak mainly in German even though it's a beginners' class. Most people in the class have done German before so I feel stoopid having done absolutely zilch! I can't, I didn't do the stuff during the summer and it'd be too much anyway doing 4 culture classes :frown: French and Spanish culture are bad enough, never mind level 1 and level 2 Italian :tongue:

I miss her :frown:

Seriously, I still can't remember the imperative tense and that's 22 weeks extra of teaching...

The culture classes have so much reading, wish you didn't need it for Honours. Eanna gave us a reading list just for the first 5 week block and there's about 6 books on it - only certain chapters but still the effort of finding them all when everyone else wants them too :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending