The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
Just had a look at the 4th year French catalogue for when I get back. Jeez -"French song and society: from troubadours to rap" or "An exploration of Francophone Senegalese women's texts: a poet, a platform and a political agenda." "Late 19C French poetry: Decadence, dandies and dice."
Why can't I just do "French"??
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by conway!
"Late 19C French poetry: Decadence, dandies and dice."

That sounds ****ing amazing :eek: :eek: :eek:
Could someone, who took maths (as a third subject, for example :biggrin:), share their view on maths 1R and maths 1X? I think I like the 1X more, but still, some opinions would be helpful. Moreover, do I have to prove my mathematical skills somehow, as I have neither Highers nor A levels?
Has anybody else had trouble trying to upload a photo onto My Campus for their student i.d.? And if so does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5624
Original post by WeNeverWrote
Has anybody else had trouble trying to upload a photo onto My Campus for their student i.d.? And if so does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you

What kind of trouble?
Reply 5625
Original post by chuffy
Do you have to pick classes for 1st year mech eng? Not got a clue whats going on lol
Hope to get my email this week

Edit: found a guide for 1st year mech students but not sure if I get to pic additional courses
http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_238743_en.pdf

They will most likely be block enrolling you, with the compulsory courses listed on this page.
http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/mechanicalengineering/degreestructure/

From a quick glance they add up to 120 credits, meaning you won't get to pick other courses. In engineering the courses are pretty rigid for the first couple of years and you only start picking optional courses in honours years, although you should probably contact the mech eng department to be sure.
Original post by IamStu
What kind of trouble?

Whenever I try to upload my photo, which is only 54KB and is a JPeg, it takes ages, apparently doing nothing, and then takes me to a screen which tells me I need to enrol and I have to go back to the photo page and try and upload again but the same thing keeps happening, it takes me to a random page and doesn't seem to let me upload my photo :/

Original post by rachel12793
Yeah, I've enrolled for English Literature, English Language and German non beginners' culture but I wasn't allowed to enroll for German non beginners' language because of the clash. It is quite annoying as you'd think whoever uploaded the classes would realise the system wouldn't allow for 2 meetings at the same time! Will let you know what the adviser says when he/she gets back to me.

my adviser is not answering :frown:
Reply 5628
Whenever I try to upload my photo, which is only 54KB and is a JPeg, it takes ages, apparently doing nothing, and then takes me to a screen which tells me I need to enrol and I have to go back to the photo page and try and upload again but the same thing keeps happening, it takes me to a random page and doesn't seem to let me upload my photo :/

What internet browser are you using, I had trouble using IE. But been fine switching to chrome.
Reply 5629
Original post by Annie-Bananie

My adviser hasn't replied to my query about something, but I emailed the senior adviser of the department and he got back to me the same day. so I'd suggest trying that.
Original post by Annie-Bananie

I tried the chief adviser but they've not answered me either :frown:
Reply 5631
Original post by rachel12793
I tried the chief adviser but they've not answered me either :frown:

I'd just hold on tight for a day or two at most then just email again then, these guys are all probably swamped right now with queries. I'm sure you'll hear something soon. You should also have a phone number for them which you could try.
Help! Does anyone know whether I'll be able to take Level 1 French (non-beginners), German (non-beginners), and English Language? I was trying to work it out with the lecture times and stuff but the classes you can choose don't match up with the times stated in the information box! Not got my appointment with Adviser of Studies until 10th Sep and I really don't want to wait that long in case there's no room left in the courses I want to do!

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
Help! Does anyone know whether I'll be able to take Level 1 French (non-beginners), German (non-beginners), and English Language? I was trying to work it out with the lecture times and stuff but the classes you can choose don't match up with the times stated in the information box! Not got my appointment with Adviser of Studies until 10th Sep and I really don't want to wait that long in case there's no room left in the courses I want to do!

Hey, I'm afraid I'm not a language student so I probably can't be that helpful but what I would recommend is just enrolling in the times that suite you for the classes that you want and that way you should have a place on them when you go to see your adviser of studies.
I was wondering how you know when your meeting is? I can't see anything on My Campus to tell me about it?

Hey, I'm afraid I'm not a language student so I probably can't be that helpful but what I would recommend is just enrolling in the times that suite you for the classes that you want and that way you should have a place on them when you go to see your adviser of studies.
I was wondering how you know when your meeting is? I can't see anything on My Campus to tell me about it?

I got a separate email with my appointment stated. I'd imagine you'll get one soon too. And I would enrol for the ones I want to do but I don't think I can because they all seem to clash! :frown:

Reply 5635
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette

Give the lecturers an e-mail maybe? If Dougal Campbell still does 1st year French he's a great one to talk to because he replies within hours and he's usually extremely useful. If you can make it work on MyCampus and it doesn't moan at you for clashing classes, I'd do it anyway and explain to your Adviser at the meeting or beforehand via e-mail.
Reply 5636
Just finished the registration and enrollment. For anyone doing History 1A: Scotland's Millennium and History 1B: Europe Rising. Did you see any options for seminar day/time when selecting your modules? Or am I the only one? I just figured they hadn't finalised the timetable yet but just wanted to check to be sure.

Also wondering if anyone has their meeting with their advisor of studies as early as I have? Monday 3rd September is the appointment date I received in the email! It's a good thing I don't live far away from Glasgow!
Original post by Jamin
Just finished the registration and enrollment. For anyone doing History 1A: Scotland's Millennium and History 1B: Europe Rising. Did you see any options for seminar day/time when selecting your modules? Or am I the only one? I just figured they hadn't finalised the timetable yet but just wanted to check to be sure.

Also wondering if anyone has their meeting with their advisor of studies as early as I have? Monday 3rd September is the appointment date I received in the email! It's a good thing I don't live far away from Glasgow!

I think they'll probably do it so those living close ish to Glasgow will get earlier appointment times :dontknow:

Ahhh I'm so excited for all the new people starting, feels so odd to be a 3rd year now!
Reply 5638
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I think they'll probably do it so those living close ish to Glasgow will get earlier appointment times :dontknow:

Ahhh I'm so excited for all the new people starting, feels so odd to be a 3rd year now!

Makes sense! Though it does mean I'm going to have to swap a shift at work. :frown:
Original post by Jamin
Makes sense! Though it does mean I'm going to have to swap a shift at work. :frown:

That's a shame :console: still exciting to meet your advisor!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending