The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Student2806
I can't believe I don't know this, but how do you get to the Hunterian Art Gallery Lecture Theatre? Do you actually go into the art gallery to get to it?

Oh God, they're still using that cave of a lecture theatre? You'll soon realise that you don't really need to go to those lectures, the numbers will soon dwindle!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
TheOneWho
Oh God, they're still using that cave of a lecture theatre? You'll soon realise that you don't really need to go to those lectures, the numbers will soon dwindle!

It was fairly pointless tbh :colonhash:
Student2806
Try Timpsons on Byres Road - it's next to Tesco.

Thanks.:biggrin:
Stress. I already have so much work.

I thought having the experience of already studying at uni would prepare for this, but 3 years out of education has really taken its toll!

I want a break!!
sweetnesspink
Stress. I already have so much work.

I thought having the experience of already studying at uni would prepare for this, but 3 years out of education has really taken its toll!

I want a break!!

urgh english lit essay due in two weeks, KILLER!
4 essays in 3 weeks. On level 10 of the library wanting to chew my own arm off.
greeneyedgirl
urgh english lit essay due in two weeks, KILLER!

Two weeks is ages.
(edited 13 years ago)
FyreFight
Two weeks is ages.

doesn't feel it...
Reply 1788
Anyone else at the library today (GU) when they had a fire drill? I was on lv 10 and it took about 20 minutes to get out!
DrCave
Anyone else at the library today (GU) when they had a fire drill? I was on lv 10 and it took about 20 minutes to get out!

Yeah! I was just about to head into library to get lunch and do some work when it went off! was NOT happy! it is it's fault i did no work!
Anyone see the chanters outside the QMU shouting about education cuts? I lol'd
Yep. And Scottish Lit essay (number 1 of 2) due the same week for me. Then Art History 10 days later and then the 2nd Scot Lit due the following week. Plus the Art History Visual test is the same day as the english lit essay hand in!

Man.
When do exam timetables get put up?

I can't seem to remember :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1793
G8D
When do we go back after xmas?

I can't work the new site at all :colondollar:

We go back on the 10th of January :smile:
Reply 1794
If you go to the the student home page it has quick links down the right hand side at the bottom, then click session dates :smile:
Reply 1795
Original post by NonaxD
We go back on the 10th of January :smile:

Ah, that's good! I'll be at home for my brother's birthday then.
Reply 1796
does any of the library have tables with plugs? preferably private-ish ones instead of the group ones?
i love the level 9 annexe but it feels like it hasn't changed since the 1900s so they haven't stretched to plugs yet :smile:
Reply 1797
Original post by G8D
Most I've seen seem to be communal, like the pods/****-tables on level 3 and the curvy couches on level 7.

/useless_post

I should probably just learn to be slightly more sociable... I only like the annexe because the wooden desks hide anyone else nearby and it's completely silent :biggrin:

Original post by PerigeeApogee
Err aye, all the partitions on levels 9-11 have plugs.

okeydokey thanks
So due to problems with our flat (it needs construction work and we are not sure whether the landlord is going to rehouse us) we might need a new flat.
Does anyone know of any properties in the west end at the moment? I looked online but finding a three bedroom flat with HMO seems impossible. Not surprising in October... But I thought I should ask anyway. We would also be willing to split up if we have to and have found some nice smaller properties but if you know anything/a particularly nice one please let me know :smile:
Original post by DrCave

its a LOT worse going back inside after a fire drill. Last time i got caught up in a fire drill in the library i was on level 10 aswell, and when the drill ends everyone rushes for the lifts. I almost had a ****in heart attack by the time i'd walked up the 10 floors

Original post by conway!
does any of the library have tables with plugs? preferably private-ish ones instead of the group ones?
i love the level 9 annexe but it feels like it hasn't changed since the 1900s so they haven't stretched to plugs yet :smile:

level 4 annexe has booths with plugs

Original post by cowsforsale
When do exam timetables get put up?

I can't seem to remember :colondollar:

normally a month before exams i think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending