The Student Room Group

Nottingham Teaching Dates

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Nottingham has teaching in the summer term?

It says the spring term ends at the end of March and the summer term starts on the 29th April, but the exam period doesn't start until 20th of May. Is there teaching between these dates?

I'm planning to book accommodation but I don't know if I should go for one which ends at the end of term 2 or term 3.
Original post by jumpman123
Hi there,

Does anyone know if Nottingham has teaching in the summer term?

It says the spring term ends at the end of March and the summer term starts on the 29th April, but the exam period doesn't start until 20th of May. Is there teaching between these dates?

I'm planning to book accommodation but I don't know if I should go for one which ends at the end of term 2 or term 3.

Hi, I'm a current UoN student going to second year. Looking on Moodle, our last week of teaching was w/c 2nd May, then the week of 9th May was Assessment Prep and Revision. The week of 15th of May, all of our assignments were due. Though I must note, the last 2 weeks are basically optional since nobody shows up as everyone would rather write up their essay.

However, this is just for my course - English. We don't have any exams but I do know that the exam period lasts all the way up to late June, then the marking for ALL courses is done by early-mid July, then reassessments (if needed) are from late July to mid-August.

I'm not sure if any of these dates are helpful to you but my general advice is your tenancy should end around mid-July as standard.
Reply 2
Original post by NestleCrunch
Hi, I'm a current UoN student going to second year. Looking on Moodle, our last week of teaching was w/c 2nd May, then the week of 9th May was Assessment Prep and Revision. The week of 15th of May, all of our assignments were due. Though I must note, the last 2 weeks are basically optional since nobody shows up as everyone would rather write up their essay.

However, this is just for my course - English. We don't have any exams but I do know that the exam period lasts all the way up to late June, then the marking for ALL courses is done by early-mid July, then reassessments (if needed) are from late July to mid-August.

I'm not sure if any of these dates are helpful to you but my general advice is your tenancy should end around mid-July as standard.

Thanks, this was really useful.

Is the same case applicable for the first semester where the last 2 weeks are for revision/optional?
Original post by jumpman123
Thanks, this was really useful.

Is the same case applicable for the first semester where the last 2 weeks are for revision/optional?

In the first semester, there was longer time between the deadlines and the last week of teaching so people were still coming to most of the lectures. For context, the last week of teaching was the week of December 12th and the deadlines were the week of 9th January for my course. However the exam period goes all the way until the end of January, and teaching resumed the 1st week of February.

The classes were not as full as usual during the last week of Autumn, but it wasn't as empty as the last weeks of Spring semester. It's also important to note that some modules didn't put on revision classes the last week of Autumn (I don't know why), and people who missed the last few weeks, did end up having gaps in their knowledge.

TLDR; no.

I would recommend going to as many classes as you can especially in first semester but always prioritise your coursework/exam, since you can always rewatch the lecture at home. And note that UoN takes attendance for all seminars and workshops - if your attendance is too low, you can be kicked or asked to retake the year.

Let me know if you need any more info.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending