The Student Room Group

Insecure about my body

I am a girl but possess many male features: broad wide shoulders, extremely hairy everywhere (emphasis on the "extremely" and "everywhere", people are shocked at my body hair), gains muscle VERY easily, adam's apple with a thick neck, a masculine boy-ish voice etc. The point is, if it weren't for my face and long hair people would think I am a boy. How can I make my body more "girly"? I am extremely insecure. I am muscular and most people say I could pass as a boy.

It sounds crazy but my bone structure is also like a guy's. If you saw my arms, legs, anything, they are shaped like a boys. I don't know what to do anymore. I tried to exercise thinking it would make myself skinnier but I gained lots of muscle and haven't lost any of it? Also this is not a joke I am hella insecure and just want to be girly again.
Reply 1
Have you spoken to a doctor about this to make sure there isn't an underlying medical issue causing this?
Reply 2
Honestly I think it's cool that you're able to gain muscle so easily and I find that really impressive; many of these things you feel insecure about aren't 'negative' things and a lot of other girls have similar traits also - it's very common. In regards to the muscle thing though you could try and researching into diets and exercises that will reduce your muscles to how you'd like your body to be - of course do things in moderation at a healthy rate that is comfortable for you. You could try walking and 'lighter' exercises than your usual routine. Another reason for which people may perceive you as 'boyish' may be due to how you dress; you could try and look into more 'feminine' styles and experiment with your clothing, shoes, accessories and even the way you do your hair, in a way that flatters you. I hope this helps :smile:
Sounds like you have PCOS which is a condition some females have that make them have more male horomones in their body hence explaining the extra body hair and muscle and masculine appearance .

I would love to look more male as a F to M trans person who hasn’t done surgery I am envious of you - my body is naturally female I’m short and have boobs and no muscle just fat everywhere. I wish I could be like you and could swap lol. But I get your struggle you just want to look female and be your own gender and not look male which sucks

Quick Reply

Latest