The Student Room Group

medical schools

Hi I've just done my UCAT and scored 2470 meaning my average is 617.5
My GCSEs were 8,8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,7,7,6
My A-level predicted grades are A*AA

I'm hoping to apply to Liverpool, Nottingham, Lincoln and Keele for medicine. Does anyone know if they'd take such a low ucat score? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by andy7845
Hi I've just done my UCAT and scored 2470 meaning my average is 617.5
My GCSEs were 8,8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,7,7,6
My A-level predicted grades are A*AA

I'm hoping to apply to Liverpool, Nottingham, Lincoln and Keele for medicine. Does anyone know if they'd take such a low ucat score? :frown:

Hi, I applied to Liverpool and Keele last year with a ucat of 2550 and b2, got interviews with both. It all depends on what percentile you are, and how you score on their individual systems. From what I know Keele takes ucat scores which may be consider lower, but they do weigh work experience a lot. Liverpool focuses a lot on your gcses. Nottingham and Lincoln have their own scoring systems as far as I'm aware but you might not be able to meet the threshold for Nottingham. id say do your research and apply strategically. You can also always look at bmat unis, people who don't do as well on the ucat usually perform quite well on the bmat. they are very different tests. Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Kffh
Hi, I applied to Liverpool and Keele last year with a ucat of 2550 and b2, got interviews with both. It all depends on what percentile you are, and how you score on their individual systems. From what I know Keele takes ucat scores which may be consider lower, but they do weigh work experience a lot. Liverpool focuses a lot on your gcses. Nottingham and Lincoln have their own scoring systems as far as I'm aware but you might not be able to meet the threshold for Nottingham. id say do your research and apply strategically. You can also always look at bmat unis, people who don't do as well on the ucat usually perform quite well on the bmat. they are very different tests. Hope this helps

Hi,

My UCAT is 2530 Band 2 and my GCSEs are 999999888 with A*AA predicted (hoping to increase it to all A*s). What universities would you recommend? Would you say Nottingham and Liverpool may be risky?

Reply 3
Original post by xvg._107
Hi,

My UCAT is 2530 Band 2 and my GCSEs are 999999888 with A*AA predicted (hoping to increase it to all A*s). What universities would you recommend? Would you say Nottingham and Liverpool may be risky?

Its always worth a try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending