The Student Room Group

Glasgow caledonian university applicants Optometry

Hi has anyone applied to GCU Optometry 4 year degree who is not a Scottish student or an overseas student and has been made an offer please?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Marh1
Hi has anyone applied to GCU Optometry 4 year degree who is not a Scottish student or an overseas student and has been made an offer please?

Hi, I'm an EU student I applied to GCU optometry as well, but still waiting for an interview invitation. What about you?
Reply 2
Hi good luck with your application. Applied 2 weeks ago not had an offer but hoping I will hear soon. I asked if the Optometry department do interviews they said no.
Reply 3
Original post by Marh1
Hi good luck with your application. Applied 2 weeks ago not had an offer but hoping I will hear soon. I asked if the Optometry department do interviews they said no.

Hi good luck with your application too. I didn't know that they don't make Interviews, I was preparing for it at the moment just in case because I know that the other universities do😮 So they will only send offers?
Reply 4
I've been told offers only, fingers crossed we're successful, good luck
Reply 5
Original post by Marh1
I've been told offers only, fingers crossed we're successful, good luck

Thank you! Good luck to you too! xx
I see some people are receiving offers from Cardiff, Manchester unis, hopefully we'll receive ASAP as well.
Reply 6
Original post by uzi__
Thank you! Good luck to you too! xx
I see some people are receiving offers from Cardiff, Manchester unis, hopefully we'll receive ASAP as well.

Yes offers seem to be going out from various unis now, just had offers for Bradford and UWE. Have you applied to these too? Are you a Scottish student I'm an English student
Reply 7
Original post by Marh1
Yes offers seem to be going out from various unis now, just had offers for Bradford and UWE. Have you applied to these too? Are you a Scottish student I'm an English student

I applied for dentistry and dental hygiene and therapy and only GCU for Optometry. I'm an EU student, I'm living in Scotland since 2020.
Reply 8
Original post by uzi__
I applied for dentistry and dental hygiene and therapy and only GCU for Optometry. I'm an EU student, I'm living in Scotland since 2020.

Oh yes sorry you'd already mentioned you were an EU student. Soon as I hear from,GCU I'll let you know.
Which is your preferred degree dentistry or optometry?
I've only applied for optometry
Reply 9
Original post by Marh1
Oh yes sorry you'd already mentioned you were an EU student. Soon as I hear from,GCU I'll let you know.
Which is your preferred degree dentistry or optometry?
I've only applied for optometry

Unfortunately I was rejected for dentistry,
but I'm still waiting for dental hygiene and therapy and optometry. I'll let you know as well if I receive something. xx
Reply 10
Original post by uzi__
but I'm still waiting for dental hygiene and therapy and optometry. I'll let you know as well if I receive something. xx

Dentistry is very competitive I've heard, but good luck with optometry and dental hygiene
Reply 11
Original post by uzi__

Great thanks, I'll let you know when I get a decision too
Reply 12
Original post by uzi__

I've just had my offer from GCU
Reply 13
Original post by Marh1
I've just had my offer from GCU

Hey Congrats! I received an email and they want to send them my qualifications translated. So this is what I'm going to do now. Hopefully I will receive an offer as well.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by uzi__
Hey Congrats! I received an email and they want to send them my qualifications translated. So this is what I'm going to do now. Hopefully I will receive an offer as well.

Fingers crossed for you
Reply 15
Hi
Anyone who is going to be registered in General optical council at GCU? When we have to do it?
Reply 16
Original post by uzi__

Omg, ive applied for the exact same things as you, did you get in for optometry?
Reply 17
2024 applicants, has anyone heard back for optometry?
Reply 18
Original post by kezzagla1
2024 applicants, has anyone heard back for optometry?
I haven’t heard back yet, have you?
Reply 19
Original post by MandalaQueen
I haven’t heard back yet, have you?
nope, hope we here back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest