The Student Room Group

Cardiff optometry prelim year 2021

Hi there, I’m considering going to Cardiff to do optometry with a prelim year and was wondering if anyone knew roughy how many people progress on to the degree course and how many don’t make it.

I was also wondering what the percentage for each module was in order to progress onto the optometry degree course from the prelim year or is it just a normal 40% pass rate.
Reply 1
e
Original post by Lush284
Hi there, I’m considering going to Cardiff to do optometry with a prelim year and was wondering if anyone knew roughy how many people progress on to the degree course and how many don’t make it.

I was also wondering what the percentage for each module was in order to progress onto the optometry degree course from the prelim year or is it just a normal 40% pass rate.

HEy, did you end up going to Cardiff for the prelim in Optometry? I have a few questions if u didd
Original post by Lush284

Original post by jojo257_
e

HEy, did you end up going to Cardiff for the prelim in Optometry? I have a few questions if u didd

Hi guys! Cardiff University Student Rep here! Whilst I didn't do the prelim course, I have friends who have :smile: I am happy to pass on any questions to them!

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Reply 3
Hi, that would be great. Thank you so much :smile:

1. What other optometry universities did they apply to? (As prelim year is max 1 science, but other optom unis want 2+ sciences??, so if your friends did the prelim year, did they only apply to optometry at Cardiff for prelim or did they choose a diff course aswell?)
2. tips for personal statement
3. how many people are typically in a preliminary year?
4. what alevels/btec/other course did they take before doing optometry? - I only have 1 science alevel (biology) and a little worried I might struggle, did they find the pre-lim year was good in bridging any gaps, and in year 1 were up to speed?
5. Are preliminary year students taught in their own lectures before they move onto year 1?
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi guys! Cardiff University Student Rep here! Whilst I didn't do the prelim course, I have friends who have :smile: I am happy to pass on any questions to them!

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest