The Student Room Group

IUMC Applications 2022 (Medicine)

Medicine applications for 2022 through Irish Medical University Consortium (IUMC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know if we have to have taken 4 a levels to be considered competitive for medicine entry?
Does Galway require an interview as well? I have sent my application for Galway by IUMC by haven't heard back yet.
Reply 3
Original post by BrianLuo222
Does Galway require an interview as well? I have sent my application for Galway by IUMC by haven't heard back yet.

All universities require an interview if you're international. The deadline for applying is January 15th, so the IUMC send off all the applications together after that, so you'll probably hear back from the IUMC after January.
Original post by Anonymous
All universities require an interview if you're international. The deadline for applying is January 15th, so the IUMC send off all the applications together after that, so you'll probably hear back from the IUMC after January.

Thank you
Hi does anyone know how I can calculate my leaving cert points. I'm from the UK and I'm a gap year student, I decided to apply last minute but idk if it's the right choice??? any help is appreciated!!
Has any other CBSE student applied via IUMC?
Has anyone received an interview invite?
Original post by loveforchelsea
Has anyone received an interview invite?

nope, and im starting to be a little worried
Original post by Anonymous
nope, and im starting to be a little worried

same, they said that the interviews are tentatively scheduled for mid-February, but haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Application submitted before January but completed on Jan 13th and I got an interview from NUIG today. Interview is Feb 21. Although this seems to be impossible, but if you guys got offers from both NUIG and RCSI, which one would you go to? Someone told me NUIG gives discounted tuition fee to every international student so that's an advantage (like original 51000EU --> 39000EU). But what I need is a better job opportunity so I really don't know. The only thing I know about Galway is the song Galway Girl
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by leli5987
Application submitted before January but completed on Jan 13th and I got an interview from NUIG today. Interview is Feb 21. Although this seems to be impossible, but if you guys got offers from both NUIG and RCSI, which one would you go to? Someone told me NUIG gives discounted tuition fee to every international student so that's an advantage (like original 51000EU --> 39000EU). But what I need is a better job opportunity so I really don't know. The only thing I know about Galway is the song Galway Girl

Congratulations! Pretty sure both of them would offer the same job opportunities after graduation. If you don't mind, could you please let me know what grades did you get and at what position did you put NUIG at?
(edited 2 years ago)
anyone know if iumc tells you if applications are unsuccessful?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by loveforchelsea
Congratulations! Pretty sure both of them would offer the same job opportunities after graduation. If you don't mind, could you please let me know what grades did you get and at what position did you put NUIG at?

First of course. My second is Cork. My third is TCD and didn't apply to UCD because IUMC says only ASEAN countries can apply through IUMC to UCD. TCD is my last preference because I know I won't be accepted to TCD, but add one school cost no extra so I did it. I'm a current undergraduate at USYD (2nd year). My high school was done in China and average grade 90+%. My GPA in USYD is about 75+%, which is distinction in USYD or 2:1 in UK system. I like Galway because of its 8-year intercalated PhD, however I can still do PhD after RCSI, and go to a top PhD program in Europe after undergraduate (dream school ETH). Also Galway Girl gives me a good impression on the city. I'm from the crowded metropolis of China (6M people but still considered a "small" city :frown:) so I prefer to study in a tranquil city.
(edited 2 years ago)
did anyone apply to ucd directly?
I applied directly since I’m a non EU student
Original post by Butterrrr
I applied directly since I’m a non EU student

what's the status on your portal ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sherdilsherazi
did anyone apply to ucd directly

applied last month and got immediate rejection, don't know why. But UCD is my last choice anyway, it's 6 years which is too long for me.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sherdilsherazi
what's the status on your portal ?

It’s under further review. I think it’s gonna take some time for me since I applied a day late from the deadline
NUIG interviewed today, super short super simple interview. But still can’t decide between NUIG and RCSI if I really got two offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending