The Student Room Group

UCAS 5th choice

Hey there,

I'm applying to medicine 2020 entry and 4 of my 5 choices are medicine. I'll apply before october 15th so the deadline isn't a issue.

However I'm a little confused about the fifth choice. I know it should be something other than medicine. But do you have to apply with all 5 of your choices before oct 15th or can you apply the first 4 before October 15th and then submit your fifth non medicine choice before January.
Reply 1
I meant 2022 entry, as in I'll be starting my course in September 2022
i think you have to send off your 5 choices by october 15th, it just seems more easier tbh
Original post by Simonpartridge
i think you have to send off your 5 choices by october 15th, it just seems more easier tbh

False- you can send your 5th after the deadline but leave the 5th blank if you're comitted to medicine.
Yes you can add the 5th choice up until the final UCAS deadline, or choose not to use it at all. Would you settle for another course if you didn't get in either because of grades or just lack of offers? Unfortunately both do happen with medecine, or would you be able to do another application round and retake if necessary. Before adding a fifth choice, think very seriously about what you could live with, because if you only get this as an offer would you have pressure on you to take it even if it's not what you want?
Stupid advice
Reply 6
Original post by Aryamehr
Stupid advice

Based on what?
And you are bumping an old thread here, which is against TSR rules
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by username5637224
Yes you can add the 5th choice up until the final UCAS deadline, or choose not to use it at all. Would you settle for another course if you didn't get in either because of grades or just lack of offers? Unfortunately both do happen with medecine, or would you be able to do another application round and retake if necessary. Before adding a fifth choice, think very seriously about what you could live with, because if you only get this as an offer would you have pressure on you to take it even if it's not what you want?

Thanks this is what I am planning to do but if I were to receive rejections would I still be able to enter clearing or do I need 5 rejections OR 4 rejections plus one declined place to enter clearing ie What I am trying to ask is will not applying to a 5 th choice give me any disadvantages on clearing day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending