The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London - Film Studies

I got an offer for film studies today at kings and I was wondering if anyone else has applied/received an offer from kings for film or any joint degree with film at kings?? I’m still waiting on ucl so im not 100% sure if im gonna firm it but i’d love to find someone else who is also doing the course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I just got my offer for kcl today too! I am also waiting to see about media at UCL but kings was my second choice
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by username5805589
I just got my offer for kcl today too! I am also waiting to see about media at UCL but kings was my second choice

ah really! funnily enough im also waiting to hear back from ucl for media haha. what other unis have you applied to?
this was me but i just made a new account, i applied for film studies at kcl, qmul, bristol and glasgow and media at UCL. I’ve only heard back from qmul and kcl which were both conditional offers. Where have you applied?
Reply 4
Original post by earthtoerin
this was me but i just made a new account, i applied for film studies at kcl, qmul, bristol and glasgow and media at UCL. I’ve only heard back from qmul and kcl which were both conditional offers. Where have you applied?

nice!! i’ve applied to herts, westminster, ucl and kcl (for 2 courses) and i’ve got conditional offers from herts, westminster and kcl
Original post by tamararama
I got an offer for film studies today at kings and I was wondering if anyone else has applied/received an offer from kings for film or any joint degree with film at kings?? I’m still waiting on ucl so im not 100% sure if im gonna firm it but i’d love to find someone else who is also doing the course :smile:

Omg yes me too! I received an offer from kings two days ago for film and im also waiting for ucl’s reply for ba media but atm I’m currently leaning towards firming kings. Mainly because kings has a very good and well known film department in comparison to london unis and is close to the BFI. Even though the UCL media course drew me in due to its uniqueness, I feel like I’m more interested in film itself.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pineapple5445
Omg yes me too! I received an offer from kings two days ago for film and im also waiting for ucl’s reply for ba media but atm I’m currently leaning towards firming kings. Mainly because kings has a very good and well known film department in comparison to london unis and is close to the BFI. Even though the UCL media course drew me in due to its uniqueness, I feel like I’m more interested in film itself.

yeah im still not sure which course i would pick if i got an offer just because im not sure if i want to do a more practical course than kings since it’s mainly theory. but like you said kings does have a good film course and there’s links with companies so i don’t know.
Original post by Pineapple5445

I am thinking of firming Kings too, I love their study abroad programme and I think I prefer the course more too but I will wait until I hear a response from ucl before I make a decision in my head.
I just got an unconditional offer to study culture, media and creative industries at Kings! So exciting!
Original post by samsaraxanthe
I just got an unconditional offer to study culture, media and creative industries at Kings! So exciting!

Hi congrats thats so great! Thats the course I applied to but haven't heard anything -- did you get in with achieved grades or predicted?
Original post by choslmason
Hi congrats thats so great! Thats the course I applied to but haven't heard anything -- did you get in with achieved grades or predicted?

Sorry to be late! I reapplied from last year with A*AB. My statement was extra curricular rich which I think is important for the course
Sorry to be late! I reapplied from last year with A*AB. My statement was extra curricular rich which I think is important for the course

Thats great! I hope I included enough in mine now ahah. You might not have an answer for this but in your Kings Portal did the date ever change for you?
Thats great! I hope I included enough in mine now ahah. You might not have an answer for this but in your Kings Portal did the date ever change for you?

Noooo basically I just got an email to check my portal and I already had an offer then hours later track updates. I checked my portal often but never really got any other changes.
I got an offer yesterday for culture, media and creative industries!
i got an offer yesterday for culture, media and creative industries!

congrats!
congrats!

Are you going to firm this Kings course?
Are you going to firm this Kings course?

I'm waiting for UCL but honestly KCL looks very appealing. They were faster and appear to actually want me to attend and I really like them but mom wants me to wait to get the offer or rejection first.
But you know that if i'm going you and I are 100% besties.
I'm waiting for UCL but honestly KCL looks very appealing. They were faster and appear to actually want me to attend and I really like them but mom wants me to wait to get the offer or rejection first.

Me too, I'm still waiting for Media BA at UCL. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!
I just got an unconditional offer for culture, media and creative industries at Kings!!

Quick Reply

Latest