The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I always wear black, and at the min love L'oreal Voluminous as it seperates my lashes really well, how about you? :smile:
Helena Rubinstein Surrealist Mascara in Black is what I use every day. The stuff is fabulous.
Umm, atm, Benefit get bent. Bought it in America so it wasnt so expensive. Its alright but im trying to use it up.
Reply 4
none waterproof black
bourjois volume glamour ultra black
i have quite blonde eyelashes and this makes them look really black
and you cant tell my eyelashes are blonde, its really great :smile:
i also really love benefit bad gal lash
Reply 5
Pinklemonade-xo
Umm, atm, Benefit get bent. Bought it in America so it wasnt so expensive. Its alright but im trying to use it up.

Why are you trying to use it up? I've got this too...love the bent wand, but I found that the actual mascara dries up pretty quickly.
Because tbh, for me, it was expensive for what it is. It wears off. I find it very good for first fewe strokes but after that its a bit... flat.
Reply 7
Pinklemonade-xo
Because tbh, for me, it was expensive for what it is. It wears off. I find it very good for first fewe strokes but after that its a bit... flat.

I agree, it is pricey. But I find that the bent wand really does help my eylashes curl upwards. The only problem is that the actual mascara really didn't last long! I don't know what to buy next. I've heard YSL, Dior and Chanel are good...
Reply 8
laura_beth
none waterproof black
bourjois volume glamour ultra black
i have quite blonde eyelashes and this makes them look really black
and you cant tell my eyelashes are blonde, its really great :smile:
i also really love benefit bad gal lash

second this! i have blonde eyelashes and it makes them look long, really think and completly black :smile:

Also use volume clubbing if im going out for extra dark and volume.
lancome, lengthening mascara and it has to be black!
Reply 10
Waterproof. I'll take black, or brown-black. NOT brown as my lashes are quite dark.
My favourite (currently at least :p: ) is Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes. Excellent value for money - mascara is worth splashing out a bit on.
I'm really bad with mascaras... I buy one, try it and if I get a single clump I refuse to use it again. So I'm on a mascara break until I find the perfect mascara that a) actually makes a difference to my eyelashes and b) doesn't clump. I'm so tempted to buy Givenchy Phemon'eyes (for the amazing spiky brush) but I can't justify spending £17 on mascara so I guess I'll have to keep using.... absolutely nothing. :frown:
Angelil
Waterproof. I'll take black, or brown-black. NOT brown as my lashes are quite dark.
My favourite (currently at least :p: ) is Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes. Excellent value for money - mascara is worth splashing out a bit on.

I just wrote about that! :biggrin: So it is good? Because people keep reccomending mascaras and then I try it and my eyelashes look exactly the same only darker. :frown:
Reply 13
diamonddust: you can get it for £14 in some places. Wait until someone you know goes through Heathrow airport and get them to buy it for you at the Harrods duty free there. There are also plenty of cheap makeup websites where you can get the genuine article for less, so hunt around.
It really is great value for money, especially when you think about how much you pay for mascaras from some mediocre high street ranges. It's the best mascara I've ever used and I've been wearing makeup now for ten years. It really separates and lengthens lashes - even boyfriend noticed the difference and he doesn't usually give a rat's arse about what I put on my face :p:
Lancome Amplicils - black, I never get waterproof as it has way too many chemicals for my lashes. I always try different brands but having briefly tried maybelline define a lash (which made loads of lashes fall out) i'm back to Lancome and staying there!
Reply 15
Givenchy captiv' eyes - Moiré black

They don't seem to sell it any more though - this always happens with my favourite make up :frown:
It did use YSL false lash effect for about 2 years. (£20) It added great length and volume to my lashes, but would dry out o quickly so I would have to buy a new one every couple of weeks.

Now I have changed to Estee Lauder Magnascopic and Bourjois (volume clubbing) which is much cheaper and just as good as YSL.:biggrin:

Latest