The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong to feel annoyed at my friend? Please reply

Recently, I feel like my friend is getting too angry about me and my best friend being close. We are all in the same friend group, but she isn’t really close with me. She used to be best friends with the person who is now my best friend, and I can’t help but feel like she is just trying to create problems between us. She’s been a bit weird when I talk to my best friend, like roll her eyes and being rude. And also she was acting so childish by giving her one of those childish bff bracelets even though she knows that the other girl is my best friend. I don’t mean to sound possessive but she’s always clinging around us when we just want to talk to each other she’s always there listening. Also, me and my best friend made plans to go somewhere this weekend, and she just invited herself to come with us. It’s starting to get a little on my nerves and I just wanted to know if I was in the wrong for feeling annoyed at her.

I do get where she’s coming from, as in they aren’t best friends anymore but I feel like she should just leave us alone sometimes because she’s always there, and then she wants to be in all of our conversations on top of that.

I want to talk to my best friend about it, that she isn’t leaving us alone and stuff, i know she’s feeling the same way as well because we’ve mentioned it and stuff but I also feel like I shouldn’t because the whole reason they stopped being best friends is because of her being too possessive and controlling what she does and who she talks to. I feel as though I’ll come across as controlling but I feel like I shouldn’t have to deal with my friend always coming into our conversations when sometimes I don’t really want her there.
Please reply. Thank you xx
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Heythere…
Recently, I feel like my friend is getting too angry about me and my best friend being close. We are all in the same friend group, but she isn’t really close with me. She used to be best friends with the person who is now my best friend, and I can’t help but feel like she is just trying to create problems between us. She’s been a bit weird when I talk to my best friend, like roll her eyes and being rude. And also she was acting so childish by giving her one of those childish bff bracelets even though she knows that the other girl is my best friend. I don’t mean to sound possessive but she’s always clinging around us when we just want to talk to each other she’s always there listening. Also, me and my best friend made plans to go somewhere this weekend, and she just invited herself to come with us. It’s starting to get a little on my nerves and I just wanted to know if I was in the wrong for feeling annoyed at her.

I do get where she’s coming from, as in they aren’t best friends anymore but I feel like she should just leave us alone sometimes because she’s always there, and then she wants to be in all of our conversations on top of that.

I want to talk to my best friend about it, that she isn’t leaving us alone and stuff, i know she’s feeling the same way as well because we’ve mentioned it and stuff but I also feel like I shouldn’t because the whole reason they stopped being best friends is because of her being too possessive and controlling what she does and who she talks to. I feel as though I’ll come across as controlling but I feel like I shouldn’t have to deal with my friend always coming into our conversations when sometimes I don’t really want her there.
Please reply. Thank you xx

Hey your feelings are totally valid. In my opinion, I think you should communicate with both of them - separately probably better. Beforehand plan out what to say to the friend who you are annoyed at as you don't want to be too aggressive and resulting in something worst when a civil convo could have taken place. Sometimes that may not work but be willing to talk as sometimes it is unresolved feelings building up over time. So give it go maybe?

Also, you may need to cut them off as they seem to not respect boundaries. If they are feeling left out I think they should talk to you 2, but maybe they are afraid? So talking about this is the best thing i think and set out your boundaries - make it clear to them.

Hope this helps xx
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending