The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Phones in flats

So I'm in Broadgate park and we have a phone on the wall in our flat, anyone know what these are for I was just wondering? Thought they might be for talking to people who buzz downstairs for our flat or are they just normal phones?
Don’t forget your flat was probably built before the majority of students had phones.
Chances are it’s a normal phone intended for calling security or maintenance
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
reaching security etc
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm in Broadgate park and we have a phone on the wall in our flat, anyone know what these are for I was just wondering? Thought they might be for talking to people who buzz downstairs for our flat or are they just normal phones?

They’re for calling security in an emergency. Usually they have a poster with extension numbers next to the phones.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

what does it mean when they ring? Was sat in a communal area in my flat and suddenly the phone rang, the rest of the place was dead silent so ngl it scared me. Didnt ring long either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending