The Student Room Group

Driving instructor leaves 2 hour lesson aa driving school

Hi I was an hour late to my 2 hour lessons and he said he wasn’t waiting. I paid for both those hours how can he leave???
Original post by Elwasty
Hi I was an hour late to my 2 hour lessons and he said he wasn’t waiting. I paid for both those hours how can he leave???

An hour late is a huge amount of time for him to just be sitting there. I’d hope that they would reimburse you for the second hour, but I think he was justified in not waiting around in the hope that you’d show up at some point. You’d likely be too flustered to have a decent lesson in any case.
Reply 2
I paid for that time
Original post by Elwasty
I paid for that time

You weren’t paying him to sit by himself indefinitely. The lesson was predicated on you being there on time.
Did you let him know you were going to be late with plenty of notice and ask if you could just have a one hour lesson instead but offer to pay for both as it was your usual time slot?

Or did you not tell him, or tell him too late, and just expect him to wait for an hour?

Sometimes being late can't be avoided, but how you deal with it matters.
(edited 2 years ago)
@TheDE - Any thoughts as to the preferred etiquette of the instructor in these circumstances?
Well if you didn't turn up that's basically a cancellation?, and they generally don't give refunds for those at short notice, as it's not like they could arrange another client.

They could maybe meet you halfway or something for cost, but if you just kept them waiting an hour+ they prob pissed off.

Why were you that late, why wouldn't you ask the instructor to collect you from where you were?
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
@TheDE - Any thoughts as to the preferred etiquette of the instructor in these circumstances?

I can't see that the instructor has done anything wrong, people have to pay for wasting their time just as much as using it. I expect he's learnt from experience that when most people say they are an hour late they mean more than that, and he had every right to leave.

Maybe plan the day better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending