The Student Room Group

Homerton 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovecars
Applied for engineering still haven’t heard anything back, a lot of my friends who applied for eng at other colleges have heard back though

Same. I know another person who applied for eng at Homerton and he hasn't heard from them either.
Original post by feliks1322
Same. I know another person who applied for eng at Homerton and he hasn't heard from them either.

i applied for english at homerton too aaahhh
has anyone here been invited for the homerton law interview - is the first interview or the second interview for personal statements
Original post by LAWCH
Same here what is taking them so long ?

Idk, probably the fact that we had the pre interview assesment is a factor. However looking at the application noticeboard I think that most likely we will receive it by the end of the week. This is just a guess, but seeing that applicants for other degrees are getting them now I think it's quite likely.
Original post by LAWCH
Same here what is taking them so long ?

did you apply for english at homerton too?!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by feliks1322

In the admission noticeboard I think they only gave out invitations to a few subjects and the rest haven’t
Original post by succubus666
i applied for english at homerton too aaahhh

I'm afraid that I might have been misunderstood. By "eng" I meant engineering, sorry for the confusion.
Reply 67
Original post by ellis23456
has anyone here been invited for the homerton law interview - is the first interview or the second interview for personal statements

i got a law interview for homerton but both of mine are subject-specific ones so i think they might ask me about my personal statement in one of them but it’s really based on whether the interviewer decides to so it’s hard to tell
Reply 68
Original post by wenso
i got a law interview for homerton but both of mine are subject-specific ones so i think they might ask me about my personal statement in one of them but it’s really based on whether the interviewer decides to so it’s hard to tell

Hey, when are your interviews scheduled for and who are your interviewers. If you don't mind me asking!
Has anyone heard about straight history interviews yet?
Reply 70
Hi does anyone apply for education in homerton? any update on interview?
Original post by dora612
Hi does anyone apply for education in homerton? any update on interview?

This is the interview invites they have sent so far based on their application portal.
24 November 2021: History&Politics / Natural Sciences (Biological) / Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences / Mathematics /
23 November 2021: History & Modern Languages (HML) / History of Art / Theology / Architecture / Archaeology / Philosophy / MML / Law
22 November 2021: Economics / ANSC / AMES / Linguistics

https://www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/interview-information-cambridge
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by wenso

YH same tbh - but I think the first one involves pre-reading with the second relevant to the personal statement
Lol just got rejected for Engineering. Makes a lot of sense since I barely had any practice for my ENGAA hahhaa
Reply 74
Original post by abbytj04
Lol just got rejected for Engineering. Makes a lot of sense since I barely had any practice for my ENGAA hahhaa

Sorry to hear that. The fact that you have the grades for Cambridge though, will prob mean that you won't have too much difficultly with getting into one of the other top Unis. Best of luck.
Original post by lalexm
Sorry to hear that. The fact that you have the grades for Cambridge though, will prob mean that you won't have too much difficultly with getting into one of the other top Unis. Best of luck.

Thanks! I kinda messed up my Imperial interview though, so I guess right now I'm moving on to other countries.
got an interview for english!
Original post by ilovecars
Applied for engineering still haven’t heard anything back, a lot of my friends who applied for eng at other colleges have heard back though

Hey are you still waiting? I can see engineering from Hom on the spreadsheet! (Good luck if you are)
Waiting on comp sci! Good luck to others also waiting :smile:
Ah this thread is giving me nostalgia. I was panicking about my interviews this time time last year.
I'm a first year bio natsci at Homerton. Obviously I don't know what the interviews for ALL the subjects are like but remember that they don't care why you applied to Cambridge/Homerton and they're probably not going to ask you why you chose your subject either.
I had two interviews (biology and chemistry) and my personal statement wasn't mentioned once, they were literally "hello, how are you doing? Tell me about the structure of gold/ let's talk about what the first living molecule might have been." I've heard that humanities subjects are likely to be asked about their personal statements (I can't tell you much about non-science subjects, sorry), but if you're applying for a STEM course the interviews will pretty much be 100% science and maths questions :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending