The Student Room Group

When do you actually start at Homerton? What is the pre-sessional Mathematics course?

I just found out my place was confirmed yesterday which I'm obviously very happy about! Though I'm a bit confused: the residency agreement given here suggests you start on the 27th. But in my confirmation email, it mentions a "pre-sessional Mathematics course" on the 24th, and it's not clear to me how accommodation fits into this.

More importantly, is the 24th the actual first date I'll need to be there? I want to plan a trip abroad and it'd be really helpful to know for sure when I have to be there.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I just found out my place was confirmed yesterday which I'm obviously very happy about! Though I'm a bit confused: the residency agreement given here suggests you start on the 27th. But in my confirmation email, it mentions a "pre-sessional Mathematics course" on the 24th, and it's not clear to me how accommodation fits into this.

More importantly, is the 24th the actual first date I'll need to be there? I want to plan a trip abroad and it'd be really helpful to know for sure when I have to be there.

Thanks

You need to ask Homerton or your course administrator. It seems pretty clear that you need to be in Cam for 24th to do a pre-sessional maths course though. If that's the case, you need to ask your College for accommodation from then.

Thanks

The pre-sessional maths course is for students who are taking a degree involving maths e.g. Physical natural sciences, economics, computer science, mathematics etc.

So if you're a student studying any of these courses then you should arrive at college on the 24th. You will be given your room but I do believe that you have to pay for those extra 2 days as well as the rest of the term (at least it was like this last year).

I'm not sure if it's compulsory but if you can make it you really should because you meet most of the people on your course and you'll become friends with them which will help you out later on in the year. Also it's quite fun because the jcr (Homerton student union) plans loads of fun stuff to do in the evening.

Congrats on making it to Homerton! which will you be studying?
Reply 3
The pre-sessional maths course is for students who are taking a degree involving maths e.g. Physical natural sciences, economics, computer science, mathematics etc.

So if you're a student studying any of these courses then you should arrive at college on the 24th. You will be given your room but I do believe that you have to pay for those extra 2 days as well as the rest of the term (at least it was like this last year).

I'm not sure if it's compulsory but if you can make it you really should because you meet most of the people on your course and you'll become friends with them which will help you out later on in the year. Also it's quite fun because the jcr (Homerton student union) plans loads of fun stuff to do in the evening.

Congrats on making it to Homerton! which will you be studying?

Thanks a lot for the extra info! I guess I didn't make it clear, mathematics, so I'm not surprised that it's a mathematics course lol. In fact I'm glad cos as you say it'll probably be a good chance to meet people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending