The Student Room Group

Homerton 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tammie2345524
Ah this thread is giving me nostalgia. I was panicking about my interviews this time time last year.
I'm a first year bio natsci at Homerton. Obviously I don't know what the interviews for ALL the subjects are like but remember that they don't care why you applied to Cambridge/Homerton and they're probably not going to ask you why you chose your subject either.
I had two interviews (biology and chemistry) and my personal statement wasn't mentioned once, they were literally "hello, how are you doing? Tell me about the structure of gold/ let's talk about what the first living molecule might have been." I've heard that humanities subjects are likely to be asked about their personal statements (I can't tell you much about non-science subjects, sorry), but if you're applying for a STEM course the interviews will pretty much be 100% science and maths questions :smile:.

how was the interview experience for you and what did you do to prepare? :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by abbytj04
Lol just got rejected for Engineering. Makes a lot of sense since I barely had any practice for my ENGAA hahhaa

Omg RIP same here 🥲!! What are your other university options ? Homerton just missed missed the opportunity to have two geniuses.
Original post by plshelpmelol
how was the interview experience for you and what did you do to prepare? :smile:

It was scary but it genuinely wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. The nerves subsided once it had started and I'd answered the first question. The interviewers started with rather simple questions before building up to the questions that required a lot more thought.
I made sure I knew all my A level content fairly well because some of the first questions might be really easy A level knowledge and the harder questions might require you to apply what you already know (like my chemistry interviewer drew a molecule and asked me what the molecule was before making me go through a mechanism I hadn't seen before). It's obviously impossible to prepare for specific questions because they change every year but I found some past interview questions and tried answering them.
Good luck :smile:
Happy to share I got an interview for Engineering at Homerton :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by twinkletoes_
Hey are you still waiting? I can see engineering from Hom on the spreadsheet! (Good luck if you are)

Nope I got it!! Just forgot this thread existed till now😅
Original post by LAWCH
Omg RIP same here 🥲!! What are your other university options ? Homerton just missed missed the opportunity to have two geniuses.

I’m an international student so I still have a lot of other options of universities that I intend to apply to
has homerton said to anyone else that they will email them with the date and structure of their interview in the interview confirmation email?
Original post by succubus666
has homerton said to anyone else that they will email them with the date and structure of their interview in the interview confirmation email?

I received my exact details three days after my initial interview invite. So should come a few days after!
Waiting on comp sci! Good luck to others also waiting :smile:

Same here! I’m the only one out of 7 Cambridge CS applicants at my 6th form who is still waiting for a response from my college haha
Original post by StupidDog
Same here! I’m the only one out of 7 Cambridge CS applicants at my 6th form who is still waiting for a response from my college haha

Good luck! Hopefully we both get in ( that would be SO cool)
Good luck! Hopefully we both get in ( that would be SO cool)

Haha never mind got rejected without interview, best of luck with you!
Haha never mind got rejected without interview, best of luck with you!

How are you feeling? I am sure you will thrive with your other applications and where you go! :smile:

I got an interview thank you - so suprised
How are you feeling? I am sure you will thrive with your other applications and where you go! :smile:

I got an interview thank you - so suprised

Eh not feeling too great about the whole thing considering the time and effort I put into it lmao idk, but thanks for the confidence boost!

Best of luck with your interview, hope it goes well!
Eh not feeling too great about the whole thing considering the time and effort I put into it lmao idk, but thanks for the confidence boost!

Best of luck with your interview, hope it goes well!

Are you going to ask for feedback, that may help you understand their perspective.
Thank you!
Are you going to ask for feedback, that may help you understand their perspective.
Thank you!

They can only provide individual feedback after if you’ve had an interview, so sadly not.
Hi, Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? It’s getting pretty late into November and I haven’t heard anything. I know interviews start in December so I’m starting to get s bit worried 😬😬. If so best of luck and reply to let me know how it goes!! If I haven’t got an interview that’s fine but I’d just like to know haha
Original post by CaseyHolling
Hi, Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? It’s getting pretty late into November and I haven’t heard anything. I know interviews start in December so I’m starting to get s bit worried 😬😬. If so best of luck and reply to let me know how it goes!! If I haven’t got an interview that’s fine but I’d just like to know haha

What course did you apply for though?
Original post by CaseyHolling

Oh I’ve applied for education, psychology and learning btw
Original post by feliks1322
What course did you apply for though?

Education psychology and learning
Reply 99
Anyone else got a History interview next week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending