The Student Room Group

a level help with university selection

hi i am currently in year 13 and taking 3 a-levels, my school likes making us complete our ucas applications early and I'm struggling with picking uni courses. my predicted is CCC (very low ik) and I want to get into really good unis which ik my grades wont be able to get me through. this is very very aspirational but I want to get into warwick (I'm trying to study international management at uni) so going to that uni would be great but with my predicted they probably wont even look at my personal statement or anything else. is there anything I can do to get my grades up or get warwick to consider me. I'm working hard on my personal statement but like I said they probably wont even look at it or if I do get better grades for a uni like warwick would it be possible to get into warwick through clearing (they're entry requirements for my course is A*AA which is super high so probably wont get it anyway. just need help knowing what I should do and if there are any good unis for management that have entry requirements for CCC
Realistically, with CCC predictions you are not going to get offers from any top Unis.
Sometimes these Unis will consider those who are one grade outside their requirements and not in a vital subject but anymore than that and you will just get an immediate rejection.

You have two choices :
1) Apply to lower level Unis asking for BCC/CCC or 96 to 112 ponts.
2) Do some work and get higher grades, then apply next year with achieved grades.
Original post by ssunvk
hi i am currently in year 13 and taking 3 a-levels, my school likes making us complete our ucas applications early and I'm struggling with picking uni courses. my predicted is CCC (very low ik) and I want to get into really good unis which ik my grades wont be able to get me through. this is very very aspirational but I want to get into warwick (I'm trying to study international management at uni) so going to that uni would be great but with my predicted they probably wont even look at my personal statement or anything else. is there anything I can do to get my grades up or get warwick to consider me. I'm working hard on my personal statement but like I said they probably wont even look at it or if I do get better grades for a uni like warwick would it be possible to get into warwick through clearing (they're entry requirements for my course is A*AA which is super high so probably wont get it anyway. just need help knowing what I should do and if there are any good unis for management that have entry requirements for CCC

Option 1) work really hard and apply next year with achieved grades

Option 2) same as option one but check clearing to see if there are any spaces on the course you want. However, you can’t rely on clearing.

Option 3) you might be eligible for an integrated foundation year. It would make your degree a year longer but if you really want to go to Warwick then it might be worth a shot.

Option 4) look at unis with a CC to BBC requirement. I know keele is ranked in the top 60 and is BBC. Obviously it’s not Russel group though.
Original post by Justhere-0123
Option 1) work really hard and apply next year with achieved grades

Option 2) same as option one but check clearing to see if there are any spaces on the course you want. However, you can’t rely on clearing.

Option 3) you might be eligible for an integrated foundation year. It would make your degree a year longer but if you really want to go to Warwick then it might be worth a shot.

Option 4) look at unis with a CC to BBC requirement. I know keele is ranked in the top 60 and is BBC. Obviously it’s not Russel group though.

Please check the date of the original post before replying.
Original post by normaw
Please check the date of the original post before replying.

Okay sorry, it came up on my feed near the top and I assumed it was new

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending