The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miu :)
I am an early applicant so I had the task submitted at the end of October and after submitting it one day after I got an invitation for an interview at the beginning of November. It was very short notice (2 weeks apart only) and I was told to send my portfolio to my interviewer one day before the actual interview day. Then I have just received an offer from UCL a few days ago. It may vary for people as usually people would bring their physical portfolios to interviews in person and it's been switched to online, maybe they would decide whether to invite you to an interview based on your portfolio? I think it is nothing to worry about, just show them your best works!

Well done on your offer honestly. Do you have any tips for the interview? I know I should just be myself but what questions did they ask you?
I read on the Cambridge arcsoc a few questions surrounding philosophy and architecture, but from my experience with the Bartlett last year they didn't ask me anything as such.
Hi!
So im on an art foundation at UCA at the moment, my a levels are: Maths A*, Economics A*, History A...
My GCSEs were 99988888876A
I dont have too much portfolio-wise cos i didnt do art A level so am a bit worried about that, Im applying to: MSA, Edinburgh, Bath and Sheffield...
Does anyone know what a good back up uni/ 5th option would be?
Original post by carlyatcambridge
Hi!
So im on an art foundation at UCA at the moment, my a levels are: Maths A*, Economics A*, History A...
My GCSEs were 99988888876A
I dont have too much portfolio-wise cos i didnt do art A level so am a bit worried about that, Im applying to: MSA, Edinburgh, Bath and Sheffield...

Maybe look at Cardiff and Loughborough, both nice unis and good for architecture
I am an early applicant so I had the task submitted at the end of October and after submitting it one day after I got an invitation for an interview at the beginning of November. It was very short notice (2 weeks apart only) and I was told to send my portfolio to my interviewer one day before the actual interview day. Then I have just received an offer from UCL a few days ago. It may vary for people as usually people would bring their physical portfolios to interviews in person and it's been switched to online, maybe they would decide whether to invite you to an interview based on your portfolio? I think it is nothing to worry about, just show them your best works!

So The Bartlett interviews are definitely online this year once again?? Oh god, it’s not as genuine and fluid through a screen as the experience it would be on the campus

Newcastle, Liverpool, Lancaster.
Does anyone know when Bath give offers.
Has anyone had an interview or offer from Sheffield ?
Reply 47
Original post by IDK.345
Has anyone had an interview or offer from Sheffield ?

Sheffield doesn't have interviews but I have got an offer about a week ago :smile:
Sheffield doesn't have interviews but I have got an offer about a week ago :smile:

can i ask when you submitted your ucas / portfolio?
For Sheffield, I submitted my UCAS on 13th October and portfolio in the first week of November, should I be worried ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by notadumbblonde
can i ask when you submitted your ucas / portfolio?

I submitted my UCAS on the 11/10 and my portfolio on 10/11 :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by IDK.345
For Sheffield, I submitted my UCAS on 13th October and portfolio in the first week of November, should I be worried ?

I submitted my UCAS on the 11/10 and my portfolio on 10/11 around the same time as you. I wouldn't worry about it, they are probably just processing and it's Christmas! I'd say don't worry <3
Original post by student1357654
Does anyone know when Bath give offers.

From watching the 2021 and 2020 versions of this thread, Bath tends to take its time sending out offers for architecture. Don't worry if you don't hear anything for a few months - it's not unusual.
Original post by Guedcuuuv
Maybe look at Cardiff and Loughborough, both nice unis and good for architecture

thanks!!
Original post by normaw
Newcastle, Liverpool, Lancaster.

ooo interesting thanks - i havent looked at newcastle or lancaster yet so definitely will!
Does anyone know whether you need a portfolio for undergraduate Architecture at edinburgh uni???? The website is so confusing ahhhh
Does anyone know whether you need a portfolio for undergraduate Architecture at edinburgh uni???? The website is so confusing ahhhh

as far as i can remember edinburgh doesn’t ask for portfolio or interview. it’s all based on ps
Hey so I was a fairly early applicant and applied end of October
I’ve got an offer for the MSci course at the Bartlett UCL
And two other offers from Nottingham and Loughborough
My first choice is UCL.

Hey, I got an offer for UCL Bartlett MSci course 2 weeks ago! Let me know what you’re thinking!
I applied for BSci at ucl and just got an offer, do you think they would let me switch to the MSci and which do you think is better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending