The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hey it probably took MSA around 1 month to reply! :smile: Goodluck!If anyone firms MSA for 2022 pls HMU on ig @stvnpham, would love to get to know some people before starting! :biggrin:
Reply 81
applied to ucl (rejected) / cambridge (interview) / bath / msa (accepted) / ual

predicted:maths a art a*physics a*

gcse:999999887

has anyone heard from ual? what are their interviews like?
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know why Lancaster Univeristy only says that it is accredited by ARB and not RIBA?
Does this make a difference?
Original post by carlyatcambridge
Does anyone know why Lancaster Univeristy only says that it is accredited by ARB and not RIBA?
Does this make a difference?

RIBA validation usually follows the graduation of the first cohort. Lancaster's first intake was Oct 2020 so they will graduate in the summer of 2023.

The following is a quote by SebastianMesser from another thread that explains the process:

"The ARB are the statutory body who maintain the register of people who are legally entitled to call themselves architects. So if you ultimately want to become an architect in the UK, the ARB accreditation arguably is the more important one, because this ensures the course’s paperwork is compliant with their requirements. The ARB and RIBA have a joint criteria which is the basis for the syllabus in every accredited and validated school of architecture. The RIBA validation process is a physical inspection of the school and the work and is, principally, concerned with quality: the ethos of the school, management and the learning environment, and the work produced by the students across all of their modules. New courses will (typically) apply for ‘candidate status’ from the RIBA which can then become full validation after the first cohort graduates. The advantages to being in a new school are that usually these will have quite small cohorts so you will get a lot of support from the staff. Sometimes they will other incentives such as lower fees or lower UCAS entry tariffs until they are validated."
Reply 84
Original post by normaw
RIBA validation usually follows the graduation of the first cohort. Lancaster's first intake was Oct 2020 so they will graduate in the summer of 2023.

The following is a quote by SebastianMesser from another thread that explains the process:

"The ARB are the statutory body who maintain the register of people who are legally entitled to call themselves architects. So if you ultimately want to become an architect in the UK, the ARB accreditation arguably is the more important one, because this ensures the course’s paperwork is compliant with their requirements. The ARB and RIBA have a joint criteria which is the basis for the syllabus in every accredited and validated school of architecture. The RIBA validation process is a physical inspection of the school and the work and is, principally, concerned with quality: the ethos of the school, management and the learning environment, and the work produced by the students across all of their modules. New courses will (typically) apply for ‘candidate status’ from the RIBA which can then become full validation after the first cohort graduates. The advantages to being in a new school are that usually these will have quite small cohorts so you will get a lot of support from the staff. Sometimes they will other incentives such as lower fees or lower UCAS entry tariffs until they are validated."

Hi the same is for the Leeds Meng course, they are probably be accredited by RIBA by the end of this year but because of that they don’t require a portfolio
Original post by vmill04
Hi the same is for the Leeds Meng course, they are probably be accredited by RIBA by the end of this year but because of that they don’t require a portfolio

The Leeds course is an Architectural Engineering degree, hence there is no requirement for an art qualification or portfolio.
Heyy guys, what was your task for UCL? I just sent my application for them and I’m wondering what sort of thing they might ask me to do. Any pointers would be great! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by randaoibrahim
Heyy guys, what was your task for UCL? I just sent my application for them and I’m wondering what sort of thing they might ask me to do. Any pointers would be great! :smile:

my task was about showing the concept of time either with an object or location, i chose an object.

i had two 1 hour drawings and one photo.

they want to see very loose and colourful pieces, really nothing too technical but more so sketchy- try to show process when you submit your final pieces.

i didnt know this beforehand so i was doing very detailed drawings which you should NOT do (hence my rejection 😃)
Original post by jqne
my task was about showing the concept of time either with an object or location, i chose an object.

i had two 1 hour drawings and one photo.

they want to see very loose and colourful pieces, really nothing too technical but more so sketchy- try to show process when you submit your final pieces.

i didnt know this beforehand so i was doing very detailed drawings which you should NOT do (hence my rejection 😃)

Hey,

So I got accepted into the UCL Msci course for Architecture and I had the same task! Mine was very detailed, so I think it’s completely dependent on the creativity regardless of whether it’s detailed or not. It is an opportunity to showcase your artistic skills. :smile:
anyone get their official EPQ grades today? and do we have to email universities individually? i’ve had an unconditional from huddersfield so i feel like it’s unnecessary to contact them but i’m still waiting on replies from my other 4.
Original post by notadumbblonde
anyone get their official EPQ grades today? and do we have to email universities individually? i’ve had an unconditional from huddersfield so i feel like it’s unnecessary to contact them but i’m still waiting on replies from my other 4.

@McGinger and @Admit-One should be able to offer you advice on this
Original post by normaw
@McGinger and @Admit-One should be able to offer you advice on this

(Thanks for the tag @normaw)

Yes, EPQ results should be received by UCAS and go out to your choices automatically. Although they may not do anything with them until AL results time. They will still be concentrating on processing applications for a good while.
I’m applying to Bath, Loughborough, Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin.Have offers from Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin and an interview at Loughborough coming soon!Studying Maths, Geography and art (dropped further maths after year 1 lol)A*A*A* predicts :smile:
Any UPDM offers? (Urban Planning, Design + Management) at UCL?

UCAS will send these results to Unis so you don't need to email them.
Reply 95
Original post by normaw
The Leeds course is an Architectural Engineering degree, hence there is no requirement for an art qualification or portfolio.

They also have an Architecture (Meng) course which is accredited by ARB and RIBA so wouldn't this allow you to become an architect?
I’m applying to Bath, Loughborough, Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin.Have offers from Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin and an interview at Loughborough coming soon!Studying Maths, Geography and art (dropped further maths after year 1 lol)A*A*A* predicts :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by hscmjones

When did you send in your application and how long did it take you to hear back from Brookes?
Hello everyone! I recently received an offer from the Bartlett for Bsc Architecture, however I’m thinking of taking a gap year before starting. Do I have to reapply? Any advice on this?
Original post by frypezium
Hello everyone! I recently received an offer from the Bartlett for Bsc Architecture, however I’m thinking of taking a gap year before starting. Do I have to reapply? Any advice on this?

You might be able to defer your offer but not all unis do this. Read the information on the following link first and then call UCL:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/when-apply/deferred-entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending