The Student Room Group

how do link my subjects to what i wanna do at uni

im doing criminology and law and i wanna do criminology at uni but the thing is i dont know how to link it . should i pick a topic from criminology and write the wider reading ive done and my analysis etc ? or does it have to be link to the job i want to do in the future
Wider reading is really good because it demonstrates a genuine interest (and hopefully an aptitude) for the subject in question. The key is to reflect on it critically rather than just listing it, which you can do with your analysis.

Career aspirations are good too because they relate to your motivation, but I’d focus on the course and your suitability for it.
Original post by Admit-One
Wider reading is really good because it demonstrates a genuine interest (and hopefully an aptitude) for the subject in question. The key is to reflect on it critically rather than just listing it, which you can do with your analysis.

Career aspirations are good too because they relate to your motivation, but I’d focus on the course and your suitability for it.

i have already mention that i want to be a homicide detective and why etc so should i just a topic related to criminology and my future job and analyse it properly and give conclusions to demonstrate my knowledge and critical thinking ?
Original post by anonymoushahah
i have already mention that i want to be a homicide detective and why etc so should i just a topic related to criminology and my future job and analyse it properly and give conclusions to demonstrate my knowledge and critical thinking ?

Yes, I would. Anything outside of your subject curriculum which demonstrates that's there's a bit more to your interest will go over very well.
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, I would. Anything outside of your subject curriculum which demonstrates that's there's a bit more to your interest will go over very well.

thank you so muchhhhh i was so confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending