The Student Room Group

A level HELP photography or textiles??

I am now y11 and i know is quite lot of lot to do in both a levels, i was gonna to pick both but there is too much work to do for me? Any advice? I do gcse textiles( didn’t do photography gcse) but i have more interest in photography.
Reply 1
If you have more interest in photography so it ! I had a love hate relationship with textiles. but do the one you like more because it is so so much work
Reply 2
Original post by Cynnn
I am now y11 and i know is quite lot of lot to do in both a levels, i was gonna to pick both but there is too much work to do for me? Any advice? I do gcse textiles( didn’t do photography gcse) but i have more interest in photography.

I’d go for photography, especially if you’re more interested in it. I did gcse textiles and it was a pain tbh. What are you looking to do at uni?
Reply 3
Original post by EVMD17
I’d go for photography, especially if you’re more interested in it. I did gcse textiles and it was a pain tbh. What are you looking to do at uni?

lol environmental science as i did maths and env along with textiles. but most people go and do an arts foundation year then decide what they want to do at uni!
Reply 4
Original post by EVMD17

Thank you for your advice! I haven’t decided it yet, but I don’t think i will choose textiles/ fashion for uni. I am so confused as i don’t really have one more interested subject (decided two a levels already)
Reply 5
Original post by Cynnn
Thank you for your advice! I haven’t decided it yet, but I don’t think i will choose textiles/ fashion for uni. I am so confused as i don’t really have one more interested subject (decided two a levels already)

i will also say you can do any creative a level to get into a foundation year as its all general and you choose your path there. but also you can just create a portfolio if you really want to go an art foundation year if you don't choose one but it is harder!!! if your decided levels link for example both science or both humanity subjects your 3rd doesn't matter too much unless you wanna do something competitive/ hard to get into at uni ie medicine
Reply 6
Original post by millie742
i will also say you can do any creative a level to get into a foundation year as its all general and you choose your path there. but also you can just create a portfolio if you really want to go an art foundation year if you don't choose one but it is harder!!! if your decided levels link for example both science or both humanity subjects your 3rd doesn't matter too much unless you wanna do something competitive/ hard to get into at uni ie medicine

Thank you! Its help a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest