The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Msc Physician Associate UEL- January 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roses99
Has anyone not received an interview yet?

i haven't!
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Original post by anon006
I received an offer this week, anyone else heard anything?

Congrats! Are you accepting the offer? And Did you receive an email to accept the offer on the application portal?
Original post by Anonymous
How long did it take you to receive an offer after the interview?

The interviewer I had emailed me a couple hours after the interview offering me a place
Reply 23
How long did it take you to receive an offer after the interview?

Just under 48hrs
Reply 24
Congrats! Are you accepting the offer? And Did you receive an email to accept the offer on the application portal?

Thank you! Congrats to you too! Yeah I’m accepting the offer, and I received an email first from my interviewer and then they updated it on the portal.
Reply 25
i haven't!

Since they’re still accepting application (most likely) they’re probably still giving out interview invites
Original post by anon006
Thank you! Congrats to you too! Yeah I’m accepting the offer, and I received an email first from my interviewer and then they updated it on the portal.

Oh okay! My portal hasn’t been updated yet so i’ll check that out
Original post by Roses99
Has anyone not received an interview yet?

Nope
Hello everyone.Congrats to the people who received am interview and offer! I submitted my application on the 30th November.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by adsyadina123
I thought it went okay, they start with 3 scenario questions then general questions about why you want to be a PA/ why uel and your experience. Similar to other uni’s interviews

Were the scenario questions regarding patient interaction?
Original post by JuliansJulie
Were the scenario questions regarding patient interaction?

For me only the first one was a patient based question then the other 2 were more ‘what you would do in (example) type of scenario’
Hello :smile: I don't have much clinical work experience due to COVID, I have noticed that they prefer those with experience in clinical settings... do you think this will set me back from other applicants ? Also, did many of you have lots of clinical experience?
Original post by Jcasfelix95
Hello :smile: I don't have much clinical work experience due to COVID, I have noticed that they prefer those with experience in clinical settings... do you think this will set me back from other applicants ? Also, did many of you have lots of clinical experience?

I think if you have other work experience (retail, hospitality etc) and can turn the skills you learned from there i.e. dealing with difficult people, dealing with things under pressure in busy environments, into skills you could use as a PA that should be fine :smile:
Original post by Jcasfelix95

If you have an employment history try to draw from those experience and discuss skills you have acquired that can transfer over into the role of a clinician: you'll can find the relevant clinical skills listed in the modules, Foundations of Physician Associate Clinical Practice 1 & 2.

If you haven't got an employment history yet or any work experience, try to show understanding about the skills you hope to learn; read about the course and the role in the workforce! The faculty of physician associates website is a great source for information on the role. The module objectives in the MSc course are also a great source start there and then branch to the faculty of physician associates website.

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know if the NHS bursary is different from the HEE funding? And has anyone with an offer started the SFE application?
Anyone applied to SFE yet?
Anyone applied to SFE yet?

I’ve started it but i got stuck with the NHS bursary question. Have you applied?
Yep
Reply 38
Yep

so is HEE funding same as NHS bursary or are they separate, i read on the uel website that we don't need to apply for HEE funding since they give it to us automatically
Original post by anon006
so is HEE funding same as NHS bursary or are they separate, i read on the uel website that we don't need to apply for HEE funding since they give it to us automatically

This is what i was confused with but i think HEE funding and the bursary are 2 different things. The bursary you need to apply for yourself. So you can apply for SFE and get HEE. But not the Bursary and SFE. I think 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending