The Student Room Group

Oxford PGCE 2022 Intake

Hi! I am super excited to have an offer for a PGCE in Geography at Oxford starting this September 2022. I am still awaiting scholarship and bursary applications but it would be great to hear from anyone else in this position! I am reluctant to get comfy with going until I know I can afford it with SF and the bursary confirmed on paper. Does anyone have advice from previous years?

Looking forward to virtually meeting you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misthios2022
Hi! I am super excited to have an offer for a PGCE in Geography at Oxford starting this September 2022. I am still awaiting scholarship and bursary applications but it would be great to hear from anyone else in this position! I am reluctant to get comfy with going until I know I can afford it with SF and the bursary confirmed on paper. Does anyone have advice from previous years?

Super excited for you @misthios2022 :smile:

As you've been offered a place on a teacher training course for teaching secondary Geography, and assuming you have a 2:2 or above in your degree and meet the eligibility criteria for access to student finance, then WILL automatically get your bursary. Your provider will do the administration of that for you. There is no scholarship in Geography in for the 2022 intake, and so need to worry about an application for that.

Providing you were able to meet the eligibility for SF funding for your undergrad degree and continue to do so, you will also be eligible to it for your teacher training. You just need to get your application in for that!

Get the reading lists from your provider, start to learn the Teacher Standards and the national curriculum for Geography, as this is happening! :smile:

All the best for an outstanding teaching career!

Jane
I heard back this morning, I’m doing a PGCE in chemistry 😊
Original post by Get into Teaching
Super excited for you @misthios2022 :smile:

As you've been offered a place on a teacher training course for teaching secondary Geography, and assuming you have a 2:2 or above in your degree and meet the eligibility criteria for access to student finance, then WILL automatically get your bursary. Your provider will do the administration of that for you. There is no scholarship in Geography in for the 2022 intake, and so need to worry about an application for that.

Providing you were able to meet the eligibility for SF funding for your undergrad degree and continue to do so, you will also be eligible to it for your teacher training. You just need to get your application in for that!

Get the reading lists from your provider, start to learn the Teacher Standards and the national curriculum for Geography, as this is happening! :smile:

All the best for an outstanding teaching career!

Jane

Thank you so much Jane! That definitely puts my mind at ease and I guess I just have to wait for Student Finance to open in Wales. I couldn't have done it without my 'Get Into Teaching' mentor - I really enjoyed the process so far!
Original post by Kitkat9945

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 5

Congratulations! Just had my interview today at Oxford. I loved it. How long did it take you to get the outcome of the interview please?
Original post by Echo812
Congratulations! Just had my interview today at Oxford. I loved it. How long did it take you to get the outcome of the interview please?

It only took about two weeks maximum to hear back! Best of luck to you! 🍀

Omg hi I’m looking to do my pgce in chem at Oxford next year!!! Could I possibly dm you some questions!! Also a massive congratulations 🥳
Omg hi I’m looking to do my Pgce in chem at Oxford too next year!!! Could I possibly dm you with some of my questions :smile:
Original post by Sfmd12345
Omg hi I’m looking to do my Pgce in chem at Oxford too next year!!! Could I possibly dm you with some of my questions :smile:

Yeah sure :smile:
Yeah sure :smile:

Ahh It won’t let me send you a private message is there any other way I could contact you
You can sc me if you want, my username is the same on there - kitkat99tyI’ve added you

Tysm I’ve just added you :smile:
Reply 12
It only took about two weeks maximum to hear back! Best of luck to you! 🍀

Hiya, I accepted mine for Oxford PGCE maths as well. What are everyone’s college choices?
Reply 13
Hey!

I’ll be doing PGCE geography too:smile:
Reply 14
Hello Everyone,

Firstly congratulations to you all that have received an offer from the university. I am currently considering to apply for the Math PGCE at the University of Oxford also, I'm just curious on what teaching experience some of you have, and also what grade did you achieve in your undergraduate degrees.

I myself have been teaching for 4 years in China, 2 years in a training centre teaching english as a second language and two years in a private international school teaching both mathematics IGCSE and A/AS-level and also english as a second language, the school follows the British education system and i'm unsure if this would be relevant experience as they suggest it to be within a British public school. I obtained a 2:1 in mathematics from UCLAN and i'm not sure if my degree would be a disadvantage when applying to such a Prestigious university.
Original post by Sfmd12345

Yes of course ! Sorry I didn’t get a notification for this
Original post by Scary
Hello Everyone,

Firstly congratulations to you all that have received an offer from the university. I am currently considering to apply for the Math PGCE at the University of Oxford also, I'm just curious on what teaching experience some of you have, and also what grade did you achieve in your undergraduate degrees.

I myself have been teaching for 4 years in China, 2 years in a training centre teaching english as a second language and two years in a private international school teaching both mathematics IGCSE and A/AS-level and also english as a second language, the school follows the British education system and i'm unsure if this would be relevant experience as they suggest it to be within a British public school. I obtained a 2:1 in mathematics from UCLAN and i'm not sure if my degree would be a disadvantage when applying to such a Prestigious university.

Hi! If you wanted to drop me a message I’d be happy to talk to you privately about my experience - however it sounds like you’re extremely well qualified to apply!
Original post by Echo812
Hiya, I accepted mine for Oxford PGCE maths as well. What are everyone’s college choices?

Congrats! 🥳 I’m at St Stephen’s House!
Original post by Scary
Hello Everyone,

I had taught in universities for 5 years and had 3 degrees from an ok RG institution and I got accepted just fine. They don't much care about the university you went to - you will likely be fine.
Hello all, I am looking forward to start PGCE Maths starting in 2022 too, wishing those who are applying the best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending