The Student Room Group

Coleraine Primary PGCE 2024/25 story

Hi, I'm currently prepping for the 5 minute story for Coleraine. Does anyone know if you can tell the story with the book beside you or do you have to memorize it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by conor o
Hi, I'm currently prepping for the 5 minute story for Coleraine. Does anyone know if you can tell the story with the book beside you or do you have to memorize it?

Hi Conor I have also applied did you hear about the storytelling session yet if its in person or we send a video? I think you can have the book by your side going from past applicants but much better if you memorise it!
Reply 2
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything back yet?
Reply 3
Hi all! I’ve heard back and been invited to a formal interview next week. Has anyone else heard? All the best! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, yes I have been invited for interview! 🙂 when it says it will take an hour does it mean half hour interview half hour tests or half hour interview and an hour for the tests?
Reply 5
Original post by Hgerm15
Hi, yes I have been invited for interview! 🙂 when it says it will take an hour does it mean half hour interview half hour tests or half hour interview and an hour for the tests?

Congratulations!! I think it’s meant to be about half an hour for the interview and an hour for the literacy/numeracy test! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Alexh99
Congratulations!! I think it’s meant to be about half an hour for the interview and an hour for the literacy/numeracy test! :smile:

Congratulations to you! When is your interview? How are you feeling?
Reply 7
Original post by Hgerm15
Congratulations to you! When is your interview? How are you feeling?

Thank you so much! Mine is on Wednesday 10th! When is yours? And I’m feeling good about it - trying not to be nervous as I know that would make it worse lol 😂 how are you feeling about it?
Reply 8
Original post by Alexh99
Thank you so much! Mine is on Wednesday 10th! When is yours? And I’m feeling good about it - trying not to be nervous as I know that would make it worse lol 😂 how are you feeling about it?

Mine is Friday 12th! I am going between- what if I say the wrong thing and yey so excited lol! Xxx
Reply 9
Original post by Hgerm15
Mine is Friday 12th! I am going between- what if I say the wrong thing and yey so excited lol! Xxx

Haha aww I’m the same! I heard only 50 people out of about 300 get selected for an interview…so be proud you’ve got this far! 🎉 you will be grand I’m sure! 🙂 xx
Reply 10
Yes I went to the night in Belfast and it was said there were 340 odd applicants. Then I noticed last night there were 7 slots not booked. So that's 43 to be interviewed! Definitely very proud! Hope you are too! Xxx
Reply 11
Original post by Hgerm15
Yes I went to the night in Belfast and it was said there were 340 odd applicants. Then I noticed last night there were 7 slots not booked. So that's 43 to be interviewed! Definitely very proud! Hope you are too! Xxx

That’s insane!! Aww amazing though - and you’re just right! All the best for Friday, I can give you any helpful tips if I can think of any after Wednesday! 😊 xxx
Reply 12
Original post by Alexh99
That’s insane!! Aww amazing though - and you’re just right! All the best for Friday, I can give you any helpful tips if I can think of any after Wednesday! 😊 xxx

That would be awesome! Thank you so much xxx
Reply 13
Original post by Hgerm15
That would be awesome! Thank you so much xxx

Hey! 👋🏼 I got asked 3-4 questions today, including any extra-curricular activities and my own experience! Hope this helps 😊 you get taken into a room afterwards to do the written/numeracy test - 30 mins for both. All the best! Xx
Reply 14
Hey! How are you feeling about it today? Thank you so much I have those questions prepped so that's great! Thank you xxx
Reply 15
Original post by Hgerm15
Hey! How are you feeling about it today? Thank you so much I have those questions prepped so that's great! Thank you xxx

I feel pretty good about it, but so hard to tell lol! It’s just a waiting game now! Fab, you will do great 😊 let me know how it goes! Xx
Reply 16
Original post by Alexh99
I feel pretty good about it, but so hard to tell lol! It’s just a waiting game now! Fab, you will do great 😊 let me know how it goes! Xx

I am exactly the same! I am pleased with how I answered and I'm not sitting tonight saying oh I should have said so I can only be hopeful! Enjoy your weekend! Hopefully the time will fly in! Xxx
Reply 17
Hey! Anyone hear back from Coleraine? 😊
Reply 18
Original post by Alexh99
Hey! Anyone hear back from Coleraine? 😊
Hello. Yes I got an email to say I either had a place or a place on the waiting list 🤦🏼. Has anyone heard for definite yet?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by J.C241
Hello. Yes I got an email to say I either had a place or a place on the waiting list 🤦🏼. Has anyone heard for definite yet?
Ah congrats! I was unsuccessful! So gutted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending