This poll is closed

How are you feeling after the holidays?

Refreshed and ready for 202416%
Nervous but still looking forward to the year22%
Apprehensive about what's to come28%
Not ready at all33%
Something else? Tell us more in the comments1%
Total votes: 518
It's cliché, but the Christmas holidays just seemed to fly by hopefully everyone had a great time.

Now that it's 2024, how are you feeling about the year ahead?

Let's hope it will be a good one!

Scroll to see replies

Not so different this year... I didn't make any resolutions but I have academic goals.
I'm feeling much better than I did towards the end of 2023, so I'm currently feeling quite optimistic (although that it definitely subject to change).
Original post by Vic Vinegar
It's cliché, but the Christmas holidays just seemed to fly by hopefully everyone had a great time.

I've made goals but i'm not looking forward to this year. Just more stress coming and i'm already struggling in the christmas holidays lol
Reply 5
Original post by iL1L
Not so different this year... I didn't make any resolutions but I have academic goals.

Same heree
Reply 6

I'm personally already a bit stressed out and it's just the beginning of the year but as they say, huge titles come with great responsibilities right?😭.
Reply 7
ready to work :smile:
I am ready for 2024 and my work may start again next week. I had a restful time.
Reply 9
Other than Christmas Day and the day we broke up from school, I was literally working every day on either my NEA, EPQ or A level content. I feel so tired and I'm so nervous about what is to come with A levels because my firm choice requires me to sit another admissions test in addition to my A levels and according to provisional timetables, I have two days where I have both Chemistry and Computer Science exams, which is making me fret at the very thought. My firm choice is asking for A*AAA with A star in Maths but I still wanna do the best I can. EPQ hand in deadline is 21 days, NEA deadline is 34 days, mocks coming up after Feb half term and school also putting in progress tests in between. 4 subjects + EPQ.
Original post by normaw
Bloated :grin:

Guess that you have got good meals during the Christmas days, haven't you? I did sport after them to prevent a bloated belly. :biggrin:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 11
I'm feeling sort of okay. Getting closer every day to exams and leaving school which is weird and sort of nerve wracking, but also I just sort of want it to be over.
Original post by via16
I'm feeling sort of okay. Getting closer every day to exams and leaving school which is weird and sort of nerve wracking, but also I just sort of want it to be over.

So real, I'm feeling wary of what's to come, part of me wants it to be over too but then again I want it to go slow so I can revise thoroughly and not get anxious. Good luck everyone though, I'm currently doing my GCSEs and it's high pressure lol, i remember feeling this way for my SATS in y6 and it turned out to be such a waste of anxiousness cause it turned out to be the most useless exam I've done LOL, guys don't worry everything will be okay :wink:
Reply 13
Super worried. I have my medical school interviews. And I am finishing my last year od highschool so super worried. But also so excited that I am becoming an adult this year. Its a whole new world
Original post by iL1L

Ah nice, I'm not one for resolutions either - but good luck with your academic goals :smile:
Original post by normaw
Bloated :grin:

Haha relatable :biggrin:
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'm feeling much better than I did towards the end of 2023, so I'm currently feeling quite optimistic (although that it definitely subject to change).

That's good - fingers crossed the optimism stays :smile:
Original post by Jieay20
ready to work :smile:

Exciting! :smile:
Original post by Kallisto
I am ready for 2024 and my work may start again next week. I had a restful time.

Haha I felt the same - there's only so long I can rest for!
Original post by vnayak
Other than Christmas Day and the day we broke up from school, I was literally working every day on either my NEA, EPQ or A level content. I feel so tired and I'm so nervous about what is to come with A levels because my firm choice requires me to sit another admissions test in addition to my A levels and according to provisional timetables, I have two days where I have both Chemistry and Computer Science exams, which is making me fret at the very thought. My firm choice is asking for A*AAA with A star in Maths but I still wanna do the best I can. EPQ hand in deadline is 21 days, NEA deadline is 34 days, mocks coming up after Feb half term and school also putting in progress tests in between. 4 subjects + EPQ.

Oh no, there's a lot to deal with there! How are you feeling about it now?
The same. More positive I guess :smile:
Very drained after :xmas: being ill definitely didn't help :no:
Reply 16
Ah nice, I'm not one for resolutions either - but good luck with your academic goals :smile:

Haha relatable :biggrin:

That's good - fingers crossed the optimism stays :smile:

Exciting! :smile:

Haha I felt the same - there's only so long I can rest for!

Oh no, there's a lot to deal with there! How are you feeling about it now?

Literally the same. School is literally grinding us with progress tests and we have mocks coming up after Feb half term. I've done bits of prep for the STEP because I need it as part of my offer for Imperial CS but really need to grind it. I need to finish the literature review on my EPQ and my NEA is taking its own sweet time because I need to do the write-up.
Reply 17
Original post by charasmatics
So real, I'm feeling wary of what's to come, part of me wants it to be over too but then again I want it to go slow so I can revise thoroughly and not get anxious. Good luck everyone though, I'm currently doing my GCSEs and it's high pressure lol, i remember feeling this way for my SATS in y6 and it turned out to be such a waste of anxiousness cause it turned out to be the most useless exam I've done LOL, guys don't worry everything will be okay :wink:

Oh I remember being year 11 around this time. It is so stressful and taking so many subjects is overwhelming. Seeing my results was surprising that I actually did quite well despite being under so much stress. So glad it was over. Sixth form is way better than secondary school. Good luck and make it worth it!
Reply 18
Original post by leno_o
Oh I remember being year 11 around this time. It is so stressful and taking so many subjects is overwhelming. Seeing my results was surprising that I actually did quite well despite being under so much stress. So glad it was over. Sixth form is way better than secondary school. Good luck and make it worth it!

For me, GCSE was so light because we finished all of our courses by January at the latest. Some courses we finished really early so I really wasn't stressed when it came to exams but perhaps I should have been because I got 9999999988.
Reply 19
Original post by vnayak
For me, GCSE was so light because we finished all of our courses by January at the latest. Some courses we finished really early so I really wasn't stressed when it came to exams but perhaps I should have been because I got 9999999988.

We finished quite early too, I just hated studying so many subjects at once, especially since I didn't like the majority of them. I also started revising pretty late and had only just started using anki and therefore I had like hundreds of cards I couldn't get round to. Also having full days every day was way worse looking back now with free periods.

Quick Reply

Latest