The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings don't get enough holidays?

I will be starting a Business Management course at King's College London in September this year. I checked the academic calendar and it seems that King's has exams during the long holidays and short holiday periods.
What is the actual situation?
I would like to know roughly when the long holidays start and end.
Reply 1
Second year KCL student here! I do Biomed so unsure if there are slightly different dates but this is roughly my holiday schedule:

Reading week 1 around end of October - in first year this was entirely blank so I could go home, in second year I've had tutorials in it so get half the week off

Christmas hols - 3 weeks off from around 12th Dec to after New Year's (I had early mid-sessional exams the end of the week of New Year's but generally exam period is the week after)

Reading week 2 around Valentine's Day

Easter hols - officially 3 weeks off for whenever Easter is, though this can end up being longer because third term is only exam season so I've got 4 weeks off this year before exams

Summer hols - after exam season so around 1st June (though I believe humanities students have their exams earlier in the period so you might finish before this), summer break lasts until teaching starts again in mid/late-September

The reason they say you may have exams during the holiday periods is technically up to official Christmas/Easter break you can have coursework assignments due, so for instance I went home 12th Dec this year but I had a remote exam on the 13th. But in the official three week period you don't have anything.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest