The Student Room Group

2nd year accommodation london kcl

Hey
So I'm a first year student and for context because I missed my accommodation deadline all the options left for me were out of my budget - didnt apply for the affordable option because I thought i wouldnt get it so now i am in private accom near my uni (im not from london so cannot commute) where I live with postgrads so social life isnt the best. I still managed to meet a couple people by joining societies + still in the process of meeting new people. My major concern is where I am going to live next year. I cannot continue living in the accom I am in because its too expensive I only got it because I needed a place asap and it was cheaper than the options kings gave to me. Getting a flat with somebody seems like a good idea but I havent met i am close to and is thinking about living out. I am torn between going into kings residences as a 2nd year or applying for intercollegiate halls. I just want to experience the social side of things but living with first years doesnt sound like the best. I feel like i ruined my "freshers" experience and its all my fault. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do??
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you resolve this? I’m currently in the exact same position haha
Original post by saskia.jpg
Hey! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you resolve this? I’m currently in the exact same position haha

So am I 😭 don’t know what to do
Reply 3
You 3 are all in the exact same position.... You should get together and find a house with 3 rooms and share. All sorted! :wink:
Reply 4
Not a bad idea haha x
Reply 5
Hey!
I am currently a third year student now and I actually ended up moving to private accommodation in the Wembley area in second year. It was a 2 min walk to the met line and I didnt mind the commute. The area is super student friendly too with lots of things to do and accessible.Most importantly the rent was way cheaper! I will say that having a part time job helped too with travel costs ect. As for the social side of things I definitely worried for no reason I still ended up making one or two friends on my course through group projects and attended a few university events. I found that at Kings many people commute more than live out due to cost of living ect. I am sure you have nothing to worry about! Honestly speaking I think the freshers experience is not all it seemed to be - way too overhyped. You have two more years at university full of opportunities and people you will meet. Second year ended up being one of the best years of my university experience! Don't worry about a thing🙂 I hope you are able to sort out your accom problem! All the best!
Reply 6
Original post by avi03
Hey!
I am currently a third year student now and I actually ended up moving to private accommodation in the Wembley area in second year. It was a 2 min walk to the met line and I didnt mind the commute. The area is super student friendly too with lots of things to do and accessible.Most importantly the rent was way cheaper! I will say that having a part time job helped too with travel costs ect. As for the social side of things I definitely worried for no reason I still ended up making one or two friends on my course through group projects and attended a few university events. I found that at Kings many people commute more than live out due to cost of living ect. I am sure you have nothing to worry about! Honestly speaking I think the freshers experience is not all it seemed to be - way too overhyped. You have two more years at university full of opportunities and people you will meet. Second year ended up being one of the best years of my university experience! Don't worry about a thing🙂 I hope you are able to sort out your accom problem! All the best!

Thank you for your reply! Best of luck with your final (I assume? 😭) year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending