The Student Room Group

November 2023 Illegal Migration Intake Unit - Intake Response Team - Immigration Offi

Thread for those who’s applied for the above vacancy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Written test passed and I’ve been sent a link for what appears to be a pre recorded interview that needs to be completed within 7 days
Reply 2
How did you find the tests was the first one a game?
Reply 3
Original post by Coffee&TV.
How did you find the tests was the first one a game?

Used my score from a previous application, so didn’t have to do it again.

But they were the silly games
Reply 4
Just completed my interview.

Felt it went okay, talked for the 120 seconds. Some questions are soo poorly worded it makes them difficult to answer
Original post by James9103

Felt it went okay, talked for the 120 seconds. Some questions are soo poorly worded it makes them difficult to answer

Hey, when did you apply? I applied on 07/11/23 and didn’t need to do my tests again as I had passed them on a previous application I am on a reserve list for.

I still haven’t heard anything back and only get weekly emails saying “Thank you for completing the Online Test. We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch shortly to advise you on next steps.”
Reply 6
Original post by Crackernutter
Hey, when did you apply? I applied on 07/11/23 and didn’t need to do my tests again as I had passed them on a previous application I am on a reserve list for.

I still haven’t heard anything back and only get weekly emails saying “Thank you for completing the Online Test. We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch shortly to advise you on next steps.”

Applied on 6th
Invited to written test on the 8th
Completed written test on 11th
Passed written test on 15th and invited to interview

Hi! how many questions are there? Are they strenght-based interview qyestions? I was invited to complete the interview within 7 days. I hope you have passed yours! 🙂
Reply 8
I applied back in November did the long winded Psychometric test and the only communication I have heard is the 6 or 7 emails all saying the same thing my application is under review
Original post by Mikewt70
I applied back in November did the long winded Psychometric test and the only communication I have heard is the 6 or 7 emails all saying the same thing my application is under review

we've probably failed then, I'm getting the same email too and fully expect to get the same email today soon
Applied on 6th
Invited to written test on the 8th
Completed written test on 11th
Passed written test on 15th and invited to interview

Have you heard back about your interview?
Reply 11
Original post by formation_hype
Have you heard back about your interview?

Nothing since I completed the interview
Reply 12
Just had the same old automated response, I think I’ve been better new off

Is the written test about styles of paper? I had to do a written test a while ago.
Reply 14
Finally had the dreaded email telling me,thank you but no thank you
Reply 15

not this time, it was writing about it organising a work day out for staff.
Reply 16
Original post by Mikewt70
Finally had the dreaded email telling me,thank you but no thank you

Sorry to hear that mate.
not this time, it was writing about it organising a work day out for staff.

Ah ok maybe a bit easier than paper styles then haha
Written test passed and I’ve been sent a link for what appears to be a pre recorded interview that needs to be completed within 7 days

I’ve just had this email, how did yours go? Is it your standard interview questions? Strength based and stuff
Reply 19
Original post by Twinkle21**
I’ve just had this email, how did yours go? Is it your standard interview questions? Strength based and stuff

I've just completed my video interview today, its not too difficult but some of the questions are a little tricky. Its a mix of strength and competency. One question will ask "Describe a time you have had to work in a team and how you contributed etc" and then another such as "do you prefer change or for things to stay the same and why". You get 30s to prepare an answer.

I've applied for Manchester but I understand this is a mobile role, i.e. you need to go where the demand is, but does anyone know how much time is spent away from home for this role? Roughly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending