The Student Room Group

Stress with security clearance for Home Office Northern Ireland

Could anyone help me with their experience with going through a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) with the Home Office.

I submitted my security questionnaire over 40 days ago and haven't heard anything. I have myself worked up that I'll not get the job that I've been provisionally offered as I'm from Northern Ireland.

Anyone from NI able to say if they have passed a CTC before and how long it took?
Hi, I am in the UK and share your experience. I submitted my form 54 days ago! The site has been down for maintenance and I am still waiting! I called the number and was told that there is no usual time frame as each case is different so the waiting continues!
Original post by _the_therapist
Hi, I am in the UK and share your experience. I submitted my form 54 days ago! The site has been down for maintenance and I am still waiting! I called the number and was told that there is no usual time frame as each case is different so the waiting continues!

Thanks for the reply. The site is up for a few days and then due to go down again over new years. It will be back up on the 4th Jan properly.
Original post by Civilhopeful
Thanks for the reply. The site is up for a few days and then due to go down again over new years. It will be back up on the 4th Jan properly.

Yes, I am assuming that this will add to a delay. Wishing you a speedy clearance!
Reply 4
Could anyone help me with their experience with going through a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) with the Home Office.

I submitted my security questionnaire over 40 days ago and haven't heard anything. I have myself worked up that I'll not get the job that I've been provisionally offered as I'm from Northern Ireland.

Anyone from NI able to say if they have passed a CTC before and how long it took?

cHi, how did it go did you get the clearance and job, I am waiting on checks also n.ireland and I am on week 8 now
Reply 5
Same here, week 8, also Northern Ireland. I was told it would probably be 8 weeks, but possibly longer. Who knows? Fingers crossed and good luck, everyone!
Reply 6
Original post by anitaloz63
Same here, week 8, also Northern Ireland. I was told it would probably be 8 weeks, but possibly longer. Who knows? Fingers crossed and good luck, everyone!

Hi I cleared after 8 weeks passed 3 weeks ago starting end of Nov. Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by briddy6
Hi I cleared after 8 weeks passed 3 weeks ago starting end of Nov. Good luck

Still waiting here with no news whatsoever. Do you mind me asking when you submitted your questionnaire?
Reply 8
Mine took around 13 weeks in total, so far longer than they said but now I'm in the HO they said it takes so long for N.I because the threat level is really high

Keep in mind that the home office department handling this matter operates slowly as they likely receive a huge volume of questionnaires and requests on a daily basis. Each of these submissions requires careful review and approval, which can be a time-consuming process. Given the nature of this security systems, it's understandable that they prioritise thoroughness and accuracy over speed. Therefore, it's possible that it may take another month or even longer to complete the evaluation and approval process.
Hi all, I'm in the same boat. Submitted my form on the 8th December and haven't heard anything at all. Starting to worry a little!
Original post by Downgal87
Mine took around 13 weeks in total, so far longer than they said but now I'm in the HO they said it takes so long for N.I because the threat level is really high

Hi, how are you finding the job now that you've started? I'm still hoping my clearance will come through and I'll get it but not 100% sure on what to expect with the actual job. Would really appreciate if you could give me some insight on what it's like?
Original post by BizzeRascal
Hi, how are you finding the job now that you've started? I'm still hoping my clearance will come through and I'll get it but not 100% sure on what to expect with the actual job. Would really appreciate if you could give me some insight on what it's like?

I hate it 😅🤪 wishing I had stayed at previous job which I loved! Applying and waiting to hate back from other roles within the HO but as you know it's a long process

Should also say that my role is basically a call centre but was not told that when I got my offer
I hate it 😅🤪 wishing I had stayed at previous job which I loved! Applying and waiting to hate back from other roles within the HO but as you know it's a long process
Oh nooooo!!! Sorry to hear that! Are you doing the EO decision maker job for National Referral Mechanism PSG group? Are you hybrid? Whats a typical day like? Any info would really help me make a decision as I'm not sure whether to jump or not! 🙈
Oh nooooo!!! Sorry to hear that! Are you doing the EO decision maker job for National Referral Mechanism PSG group? Are you hybrid? Whats a typical day like? Any info would really help me make a decision as I'm not sure whether to jump or not! 🙈

No this is an AO in CSG, currently I WFH everyday but this isn't standard and should really be doing 2 days a week in the office but the office isn't ready yet for us. From May it will be 3 days a week in the office. My role is set breaks which is sent out in a rota weekly, not much flexibility at all
No this is an AO in CSG, currently I WFH everyday but this isn't standard and should really be doing 2 days a week in the office but the office isn't ready yet for us. From May it will be 3 days a week in the office. My role is set breaks which is sent out in a rota weekly, not much flexibility at all
Thanks for your reply! Oh that's not good, sorry it's not what you were hoping for. The inflexibility isn't great, dont see why you cant take a break when you need to instead of on a rota! Its good for me to hear feedback because i want to ask about all of this stuff when the recruiter phones me. What other roles have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending