The Student Room Group

Home Office: Immigration Enforcement Casework Support AO 2024

Hi there,

There doesn’t seem to be a forum made for this job yet, so I’ve made one.

Have you applied? I have in Sheffield. I’m on a Caseworker reserve list 😭 but I’ve only applied since I’m fed up of my current role.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ihussain97
Hi there,

There doesn’t seem to be a forum made for this job yet, so I’ve made one.

Have you applied? I have in Sheffield. I’m on a Caseworker reserve list 😭 but I’ve only applied since I’m fed up of my current role.

Hi
How was the BBA? I have not taken mine yet
Reply 2
Original post by sandybeach1996
Hi
How was the BBA? I have not taken mine yet

Its alright, it's literally in the form of different games. I think the first is a memory game, there's a game where you have to fill up a certain number of balloons and each balloon equals how much profit you get, the more you fill the balloon the more money you get, another game where you have to click q if its an even number or p if its odd or if the shape the number is round press q or sharp p... the games have other meanings and you'll get a report back but I've not heard anything as of yet. Probably because its just the BBA and the pre-recorded interview that we'll be doing for this role.
Reply 3
I applied for this back in October - had an interview on the 19th January now just waiting on results. Any idea how long it will take?
Its alright, it's literally in the form of different games. I think the first is a memory game, there's a game where you have to fill up a certain number of balloons and each balloon equals how much profit you get, the more you fill the balloon the more money you get, another game where you have to click q if its an even number or p if its odd or if the shape the number is round press q or sharp p... the games have other meanings and you'll get a report back but I've not heard anything as of yet. Probably because its just the BBA and the pre-recorded interview that we'll be doing for this role.

thanks. I will do it tomorrow have some fun
Reply 5
Original post by harvald
I applied for this back in October - had an interview on the 19th January now just waiting on results. Any idea how long it will take?

Well it will probably take longer if you’ve never worked in the Home Office before since you have to have a NSVS security check and if you have your clearance your more closer towards getting your start date
Well it will probably take longer if you’ve never worked in the Home Office before since you have to have a NSVS security check and if you have your clearance your more closer towards getting your start date

Did you take the interview?
Reply 7

Did you take the interview?

Nope 😭I would just try and ease up since the closing date for the role is the 28th of feb, I did the bba on Wednesday morning and I’ve not heard anything back yet
Nope 😭I would just try and ease up since the closing date for the role is the 28th of feb, I did the bba on Wednesday morning and I’ve not heard anything back yet

I took the BBA lol at a stage I forgot that it was a job! I just was playing lol a nonsense lol
has anyone taken the interview yet?
Reply 10
I applied for the caseworker role last year and didn't get through on the test and reading the report was shocking! Didn't even read like me and complete opposite of how I am in work! I have applied this time for the support role and they automatically used last years test not giving me an opportunity to redo the test so I'm not looking hopeful at getting through.

Advice for anyone not taken the test it so far - practice!
Reply 11
thanks. I will do it tomorrow have some fun

look at some of the hints and tips on youtube first before blindly doing it so you know what to expect - i did it blindly and got rejected ☹️
Original post by julajo
look at some of the hints and tips on youtube first before blindly doing it so you know what to expect - i did it blindly and got rejected ☹️

I thought they keep the test for 6 months not a year. has it been a year for you? oh sorry!
Reply 13
I thought they keep the test for 6 months not a year. has it been a year for you? oh sorry!

Right on the 6 month mark. Another week and I would have been able to do again …. Ah well
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
I submitted feedback on the BBA and today received an invite if I wanted to be included in their research group testing a new assessment. (Nothing to do with the application or outcome and purely for research purposes)

I’ve just took the new style assessment and it was far better - took around 60 minutes and had to choose between 2 statements and you decide which of the 2 reflects you the most. Seems alot better way of assessing someone ! I hope they role that one out in future 🤣
Reply 15
Just got an email to say your application is still being reviewed, hoping it’s a good sign that I get to the next stage
Reply 16
Awaiting results from the test, not holding out much hope, not what I expected! Anyone applying for Liverpool?
Reply 17
Original post by Kjc21
Awaiting results from the test, not holding out much hope, not what I expected! Anyone applying for Liverpool?

Yes I applied for Liverpool
Reply 18
Just got an email to say your application is still being reviewed, hoping it’s a good sign that I get to the next stage

Just received same
Reply 19
Just had notification…. Didn’t get through ☹️ good luck to everyone else though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending