The Student Room Group

Dwp pre employment checks

Hi,
I received this message on my log in portal
We are reviewing the outcomes of your pre-employment checks.”
I’ve read that some people don’t get this message and instead it says “checks were satisfactorily completed” ? Why might this be different for me/others?

Also, I’ve just found out my former employer who I put down as one of references no longer uses the email I put down when filling out the references section. I’ve been self employed over a year so I don’t know if my employer will be past contacted as I’ve heard a lot of people say their references did not get contacted?

Getting a little panicky if someone could help ?
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AB291
Hi,
I’ve read that some people don’t get this message and instead it says “checks were satisfactorily completed” ? Why might this be different for me/others?

Also, I’ve just found out my former employer who I put down as one of references no longer uses the email I put down when filling out the references section. I’ve been self employed over a year so I don’t know if my employer will be past contacted as I’ve heard a lot of people say their references did not get contacted?

If the email of your reference bounces back they usually contact you to update, if no response I imagine they would communicate this to you also and maybe ask for an updated one.
How long has it said this on the portal? You could reply to the email that sends you the updates and ask if there is anything further you need to do or inform them that the email no longer works, might help speed things up for you, if they are sitting there waiting for an email that will never come
How long have your checks taken?
Original post by Alexbain1994
How long have your checks taken?

My checks took between 3 and 4 weeks to be completed and change on the portal.

I had the back ground check complete pretty much the next day but by the time they put everything together it was just approaching week 4.

There sometimes appears to be a time pattern but then others experience different waiting times so it can depend on the campaign applied for or the job offer they've made or delays with references and so on.

All I would say, is if they have made you a job offer and you know you've no skeletons in the closet, just try and sit back and relax, all will fall into place
Original post by JDSensations
My checks took between 3 and 4 weeks to be completed and change on the portal.

I had the back ground check complete pretty much the next day but by the time they put everything together it was just approaching week 4.

There sometimes appears to be a time pattern but then others experience different waiting times so it can depend on the campaign applied for or the job offer they've made or delays with references and so on.

All I would say, is if they have made you a job offer and you know you've no skeletons in the closet, just try and sit back and relax, all will fall into place

Thank you for
Responding x
Reply 5
Hi there, i got offered a job centre in derby andI’m going through pre-employment checks. Ireceived an email stating that my pre-employments checks are under review in 10November. My referees have been contactedand my dbs has come too. Does anyone hasany idea if any of the referees don’t respond,can we not start the job and dwp with keepconducting the checks? Thats how it usuallyworks in every company. People usually startwhile their checks continue isnt it the same indwp?
Reply 6
Original post by maha_sidd
Hi there, i got offered a job centre in derby andI’m going through pre-employment checks. Ireceived an email stating that my pre-employments checks are under review in 10November. My referees have been contactedand my dbs has come too. Does anyone hasany idea if any of the referees don’t respond,can we not start the job and dwp with keepconducting the checks? Thats how it usuallyworks in every company. People usually startwhile their checks continue isnt it the same indwp?

I don't think so, i think they just need to hear back off one reference and it's not about your performance etc like normal jobs it's to confirm you worked there when you said you did. If your referentes don't contact them back they may contact you to ask for a different one or a different type of reference.

I don't think it affects how long it takes, the checks could be done in a week but if they're not doing the next batch of training until say January you wouldn't hear back until December anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by tumbletor
I don't think so, i think they just need to hear back off one reference and it's not about your performance etc like normal jobs it's to confirm you worked there when you said you did. If your referentes don't contact them back they may contact you to ask for a different one or a different type of reference.

I don't think it affects how long it takes, the checks could be done in a week but if they're not doing the next batch of training until say January you wouldn't hear back until December anyway.

Oh, i did not know about the training batch bit, thank you it’s insightful. Do you have any idea how often they conduct the meetings? Also because i have a month notice to serve in my current work place so it would not be a case of where i can start immediately. Would that effect my start date too?
Reply 8
Oh, i did not know about the training batch bit, thank you it’s insightful. Do you have any idea how often they conduct the meetings? Also because i have a month notice to serve in my current work place so it would not be a case of where i can start immediately. Would that effect my start date too?

I didn't either, only because I know someone who works for DWP and they told me they train in batches! So I'd assume they wait until all pre employment checks have gone through to start giving start dates. For example for the job I applied for I got a provisional offer in October the same as everyone else from that particular batch of applications, those who got the job who already work xor dwp and got offer at same time as me stRted in November as they have less checks to complete and I was told the next training batch is Jan. So I've been assuming that's when I'll start. I had an email last week to say checks complete and I'd imagine I'll get a call to discuss start date this week. From that point it's typically 3-4 weeks which will take us to January because of Christmas. It's always at least 3 weeks before you start as that's apparently how long it takes to get you set up on systems. Hope this helps! It shouldn't effect your start date as generally they don't want you to start for 3-4 weeks after checks complete anyway.
Reply 9
I didn't either, only because I know someone who works for DWP and they told me they train in batches! So I'd assume they wait until all pre employment checks have gone through to start giving start dates. For example for the job I applied for I got a provisional offer in October the same as everyone else from that particular batch of applications, those who got the job who already work xor dwp and got offer at same time as me stRted in November as they have less checks to complete and I was told the next training batch is Jan. So I've been assuming that's when I'll start. I had an email last week to say checks complete and I'd imagine I'll get a call to discuss start date this week. From that point it's typically 3-4 weeks which will take us to January because of Christmas. It's always at least 3 weeks before you start as that's apparently how long it takes to get you set up on systems. Hope this helps! It shouldn't effect your start date as generally they don't want you to start for 3-4 weeks after checks complete anyway.

Thank you so much for your response. The problem is my checks haven't been completed. Im scared as i don't wanna miss the January training batch in that case. My current job is toxic. Im grateful that i have one but .. i need to leave this place. I wonder how the next place would be. Please do share your experience when you start & I wish you the very best.
Reply 10
Thank you so much for your response. The problem is my checks haven't been completed. Im scared as i don't wanna miss the January training batch in that case. My current job is toxic. Im grateful that i have one but .. i need to leave this place. I wonder how the next place would be. Please do share your experience when you start & I wish you the very best.

Hi there, I’m in a similar situation. Still under pre employment checks. I went into the Jobcentre this week to hand in RTW documents as directed. I hope I get a start in January. It would be nice to hear soon. Good luck!
Reply 11

It may not necessarily be January for everyone, I just know that for my particular workplace there is due to be training in January. I still haven't been called with a formal offer and start date though and my employment checks were completed over a week ago! I will do and best of luck to you too, I know its hard but hang in there and just keep reminding yourself that it won't be for much longer!
Reply 12
Original post by AB291
Hi,

Hello, I just received the same message. Did you pass the PEC checks after this message ?
Reply 13
Original post by Germplus
Hello, I just received the same message. Did you pass the PEC checks after this message ?

Mine says this “We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.“ i did receive an email saying its been completed.
Reply 14
Mine says this “We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.“ i did receive an email saying its been completed.

Thank you for replying. Did you pass it then? Also my referees have not been contacted. Beginning to feel the anxiety.
Reply 15
Original post by Germplus
Thank you for replying. Did you pass it then? Also my referees have not been contacted. Beginning to feel the anxiety.

My ID valid is still left. Ill have to do it person im waiting for the managers call.

Once you have submitted your onboarding form and they have received everything, they will email you to inform you that they have started your pre-employment checks and will send everything at once like emails to referees DBS etc.

Honestly, this entire process is so long and stressful. I lost Hope completely and im still not sure when they will call me for start date. I applied to this position in august and i cant believe we’re already in the new years. Very frustrated but i really hope and pray this workplace is worth the wait and efforts.

Hope this helps!
I got my provisional offer on 29/11. I know they've got my references, dbs and the fit for work people have passed me so just waiting now. I know we've had Christmas so I'm assuming that's caused delay together with dates for training batches. I keep getting the same weekly message saying checks are ongoing . I'm assuming if there was an issue they would have come back to me? It's just very frustrating especially as I've received a provisional offer for another job!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Shadowsbetween
I got my provisional offer on 29/11. I know they've got my references, dbs and the fit for work people have passed me so just waiting now. I know we've had Christmas so I'm assuming that's caused delay together with dates for training batches. I keep getting the same weekly message saying checks are ongoing . I'm assuming if there was an issue they would have come back to me? It's just very frustrating especially as I've received a provisional offer for another job!!

I received mine on 29th Oct and the cleared me on 12th December. Theyre process is long ant tiring. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Im still waiting on start date lets hope we both receive something soon
Reply 18
I received mine on 29th Oct and the cleared me on 12th December. Theyre process is long ant tiring. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Im still waiting on start date lets hope we both receive something soon

It is very long, public sector for you. I applied at the start of July and I'm starting at the end of this month. Took 5 weeks for my pecs to go through then I got an email a week later to offer a start date. That was end of November I think but they couldn't offer until Jan 22. They have new starters start in batches so they can do the training together
Reply 19
It is very long, public sector for you. I applied at the start of July and I'm starting at the end of this month. Took 5 weeks for my pecs to go through then I got an email a week later to offer a start date. That was end of November I think but they couldn't offer until Jan 22. They have new starters start in batches so they can do the training together

thanks for letting us know. Its been almost 2 weeks since I received the email that my checks has been completed and I have not been contact for start date as of you yet. Its making me extremely anxious ! I need to validate my ID too in person as i was unable to before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending