The Student Room Group

CTC vetting time frame

Hi all,

I am currently awaiting my CTC vetting in order to start a job as an interventions facilitator. I haven't been waiting too long however I have handed my notice in at my current job due to relocating for this new job (my tenancy is ending hence why I am having to relocate and leave this job). I am hoping for it to be completed before the end of June/mid July.

Has anyone recently completed CTC vetting, and if so how long did it take to complete this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dont know how long you submitted yours but I have submitted mine now over six weeks and still waiting for it to be completed. On another forum someone said they are in the 10th week of submission.
Reply 2
I'm also waiting on CTC, entering my 9th week now 😭
Reply 3
I'm waiting on a similar level of vetting (SC with additional checks associated with the organisation), I'm on week 14 currently. There are a lot of delays with UKSV at the moment (see the NAO report and very recent government inquiry into vetting: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5803/cmselect/cmpubacc/994/report.html). This is primarily because of chronic underfunding, lack of staff and increased need for SC/CTC and developed vetting checks. There will probably be delays depending on which organisation/part of the civil service you're entering.

Just hang on to your previous job or wait it out with a temporary job. It's best not to worry too much, we don't really have control over the process. I've decided that the job I've got a conditional offer for is absolutely worth waiting for but I'd feel differently if I wasn't 100% sure about it.

EDIT : Sorry didn't read your post properly, I'd really recommend getting a temporary job when you relocate. I'm having to move to the other side of the UK for this job but it's expected that I'm not going to move until I get a formal job offer.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Just to let you know my status updated this morning to 'completed' just before ten weeks for my CTC check
Reply 5
I am currently approaching week 5 since my submission. I was hoping it would be complete by about week 6 however judging by comments it’s not looking that way!
Reply 6
Original post by daisyruns8
Just to let you know my status updated this morning to 'completed' just before ten weeks for my CTC check

That's great to hear,mine is eight weeks now.
Reply 7
I'm in pre-employment checks at the minute and just received this email in relation to my ID and address documents submitted

"You have not provided sufficient verified ID to satisfy our identity, nationality and residency checks.

The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to discuss additional documents you need to provide."

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what it might be?

My photo ID was valid and in date and my bank statements and utility bill are dated within the past 3 months.

Also, what other checks and info will be required going forward, assuming I get this sorted out?

So far all I've had to submit were previous address & names, basic info and 3 references (2 personal and 1 academic)

What other sort of info will they be looking for going forward?
Reply 8
I had this, it was just because the line manager hadn't submitted a form alongside it which confirmed they have verified the ID so might not even be anything you've done
Reply 9
Thanks for that, I'm hoping it's something simple :smile:
Reply 10

How long after the status on the website changed did you hear from anybody? Mine updated yesterday but I haven’t had an email with the outcome which is what I expected.
Reply 11
Original post by RKim
How long after the status on the website changed did you hear from anybody? Mine updated yesterday but I haven’t had an email with the outcome which is what I expected.

Hello,mine changed last week Tuesday and I still haven't heard from anyone or had an email till now.
Reply 12
Original post by Omolee
Hello,mine changed last week Tuesday and I still haven't heard from anyone or had an email till now.

oh gosh, I'm not very hopeful then! I'll have to be patient a little longer. I really wanted to get closer to a start date so I can get myself organised :frown: Thank you!
Original post by Omolee
I dont know how long you submitted yours but I have submitted mine now over six weeks and still waiting for it to be completed. On another forum someone said they are in the 10th week of submission.

Submitted mine at the end of March, still waiting unfortunately 😭
Original post by Azucena
I'm waiting on a similar level of vetting (SC with additional checks associated with the organisation), I'm on week 14 currently. There are a lot of delays with UKSV at the moment (see the NAO report and very recent government inquiry into vetting: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5803/cmselect/cmpubacc/994/report.html). This is primarily because of chronic underfunding, lack of staff and increased need for SC/CTC and developed vetting checks. There will probably be delays depending on which organisation/part of the civil service you're entering.

Just hang on to your previous job or wait it out with a temporary job. It's best not to worry too much, we don't really have control over the process. I've decided that the job I've got a conditional offer for is absolutely worth waiting for but I'd feel differently if I wasn't 100% sure about it.

EDIT : Sorry didn't read your post properly, I'd really recommend getting a temporary job when you relocate. I'm having to move to the other side of the UK for this job but it's expected that I'm not going to move until I get a formal job offer.

luckily the charity I work for have transferred me to another prison closer to where I’m relocating temporarily as they have a role their trying to fill. I’m hoping when they find someone to fill the role my vetting will have come back. Still waiting for it!

I’m only 10th week now, so I’m hoping it won’t be much longer!
Reply 16
Original post by psychology_uni
I’m only 10th week now, so I’m hoping it won’t be much longer!

Yet to see many go past the 10th or 11th week unless they are waiting EIC. Fingers crossed this is the week for you. I am on my 7th now! :frown:
I'm on week 4 of my SC. I accepted the job almost 12 weeks ago 😅
Reply 18
Original post by KezS
I'm on week 4 of my SC. I accepted the job almost 12 weeks ago 😅

I would prepare for a long haul for an SC, I'm coming up to 4 months now (week 16ish) and still no news. They are apparently going to clear the backlogs by this summer according to the reports but worth everything going on I wouldn't count on it!

Bear in mind, I could just be one of those unlucky people that it takes ages to get my clearance!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Azucena
I would prepare for a long haul for an SC, I'm coming up to 4 months now (week 16ish) and still no news. They are apparently going to clear the backlogs by this summer according to the reports but worth everything going on I wouldn't count on it!

Bear in mind, I could just be one of those unlucky people that it takes ages to get my clearance!

That's possible. I figure mine should be easy as I've been in the same place for almost 10 years 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending