The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach - Formal Offer

Hi everyone, I’ve applied for a DWP Work Coach position. Pre employment checks done. Working hours, location, start date etc have now all been agreed via phone call.
I’ve been asked to wait a few days for the formal offer to be made before telling my current employer. To make sure my employer receives the correct notice period, I have to tell them today that I hope to leave next month!Does anyone have experience with this? Did anyone go ahead and tell their employer they will be leaving before their formal offer had been made? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Liquidapple
Hi everyone, I’ve applied for a DWP Work Coach position. Pre employment checks done. Working hours, location, start date etc have now all been agreed via phone call.
I’ve been asked to wait a few days for the formal offer to be made before telling my current employer. To make sure my employer receives the correct notice period, I have to tell them today that I hope to leave next month!Does anyone have experience with this? Did anyone go ahead and tell their employer they will be leaving before their formal offer had been made? Thanks!

I have, but as already in the Civil service. DWP won't retract having gone through all that but at the same time if they have told you to wait then its best.
Reply 2
How long will it take pre employment checks to be completed? I am in 3rd week now since recieved provisional offer.
Reply 3
Original post by Humku
How long will it take pre employment checks to be completed? I am in 3rd week now since recieved provisional offer.

Hey, congratulations for the offer. I am in the same boat. I accepted a work coach offer in derby city. Its been 2 weeks since my referee have been contacted and my dbs has come through as well. I am starting 3rd week now. And im just waiting and idk how long it will take. ☹️ i am scared if my all my referee don’t get back then what would that mean. Usually companies let you start with them onces your dbs has come through while they keep chasing your references but idk how it works in dwp. Its ridiculous how slow their process is.
Reply 4
Last year I have been offered a role and my pre employment checks come through in 3 weeks but I have accepted another role so withdrawn my application but this time it took almost 4 weeks now so thinking I should contact them now.
Reply 5
Original post by Humku
Last year I have been offered a role and my pre employment checks come through in 3 weeks but I have accepted another role so withdrawn my application but this time it took almost 4 weeks now so thinking I should contact them now.

Good luck for the checks and i really hope and pray we hear a start date call from Dwp soon. Do let me know of any progress. I really need some positivity as im losing hope now.

Do you have any idea how long it takes? Ive read someone said it takes 6 weeks to 14 months 😵*💫 i don’t know what to do should I apply outside of civil service because its seems like a lost cause to me now.
Reply 6
Sorry, to jump on this post. How long after your status changed did you receive an email offer?
My status is ‘being reviewed’ for 1 week now, I heard after this people get offer or reserve list emails within 1/2 days.
Original post by Mrselh
Sorry, to jump on this post. How long after your status changed did you receive an email offer?
My status is ‘being reviewed’ for 1 week now, I heard after this people get offer or reserve list emails within 1/2 days.

You might want to check your emails.Reserve list for me . Scored 24 ,whch aalot of people seem to be scoring.
Reply 8
Finally my pre employment checks has successfully gone through :smile:
Reply 9
Does anyone know whats the next step after employment checks?
Reply 10
Is anyone wanting after pre employment checks has been completed? I have an email from dwp last week re my pre employment checks but there is no communication after that re formal offer? Does anyone have any idea?
Reply 11
Original post by Humku
Finally my pre employment checks has successfully gone through :smile:

How did it take? Im still goong through them Started on 12th November 2023 when they sent out the all the emails to my referees. Not sure whats left honestly. Im anxious of i will even get the job.
Reply 12
It will take 3/4 weeks for checks to complete. Mine started 31st oct completed on 29 nov but I am still waiting to receive formal offer as it has been a weeks my check has completed and I am anxious about that.
Reply 13
Original post by Humku
It will take 3/4 weeks for checks to complete. Mine started 31st oct completed on 29 nov but I am still waiting to receive formal offer as it has been a weeks my check has completed and I am anxious about that.

Congratulations!! They will hopefully get back asap. the process is too long and i kinda makes me feel like losing hope but hearing stories on this forum helps a lot to hope in and hold on. Thanks a lot for sharing. Someone said on this forum that Dwp does training in batches and hence why take take long for start dates. They could give you start date of January. Good luck!
Reply 14
Hi everyone, what’s the update with your pre employment checks? I have been going through pre employment check for almost 3weeks now and haven’t heard back from them.
Reply 15
Original post by Urchma
Hi everyone, what’s the update with your pre employment checks? I have been going through pre employment check for almost 3weeks now and haven’t heard back from them.

Hopefully youll get an email for completion in a week or 2 max. So just bear patience and hang in there
Reply 16
Hey my pre employment checks completed in 4 weeks and now I am waiting for my contract. They said they are onboarding senior leadership team and after that they will contact us so i am looking to start at the end of Jan.
Reply 17
Original post by Humku
Hey my pre employment checks completed in 4 weeks and now I am waiting for my contract. They said they are onboarding senior leadership team and after that they will contact us so i am looking to start at the end of Jan.

Have you out in your resignation? Because my got completed 2 days ago as well which is 4 weeks as well. But i have not been contacted by them yet !! So was wondering when they contact with the formal offer? And when DOS?
Reply 18
Well they emailed me asking my details for contract. I have resigned now as my notice period is 2 months so hopefully everything will be sorted by then.
Reply 19
Original post by Humku
Well they emailed me asking my details for contract. I have resigned now as my notice period is 2 months so hopefully everything will be sorted by then.

That’s good news for you then. For me, nothing yet. My DBS came last week and my references were contacted last week and ti. Just got one mail saying the check is in progress and that’s the last mail since last week. Guess I’m a bit nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending