The Student Room Group

DWP - 615 EO UC Swindon

Hi.

Has anyone applied for the DWP EO positions in Swindon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by haleyhop
Hi.

Yes! Did the pre-recorded interview a few days ago so now just waiting for the news on my epic failure.
How did it go for you?
Reply 2
I feel the same. I waffled too much I think!
Reply 3
I Waffled too much and got lost at points. Was surprised they asked for 6 full behaviours, I was expecting 3 behaviours then 3 strength questions so that threw me for a loop. Everyone I know who applied says the same about waffling too and struggled so you're not alone
Reply 4
Original post by haleyhop
Hi.

I had my interview 3 weeks ago, and then got the provisional offer last Wednesday. Just going through pre-employment checks now.
Reply 5
Original post by Hango111
I had my interview 3 weeks ago, and then got the provisional offer last Wednesday. Just going through pre-employment checks now.

Same here. Although I don't have to go through checks as already a DWP employee. Rumoured start date to be mid to late Jan but nothing confirmed yet. Looks like they have a lot more recruitment to do
Reply 6
Original post by Beesnees
Same here. Although I don't have to go through checks as already a DWP employee. Rumoured start date to be mid to late Jan but nothing confirmed yet. Looks like they have a lot more recruitment to do

That's good to know. I was wondering about possible start dates.
Yes, I heard from someone at the DWP that they are recruiting a lot of EOs this time. Are you working in Polaris House currently?
Reply 7
Original post by Hango111
That's good to know. I was wondering about possible start dates.
Yes, I heard from someone at the DWP that they are recruiting a lot of EOs this time. Are you working in Polaris House currently?

Not in Polaris House but in Jobcentre plus. Another advert went live on Monday but as they employ in cohorts it'll make sense if they start us in waves. 603 jobs originally and only 200 ish have provisional offers so far so lots to go. Well done making it through the interview, it was tough
Reply 8
Not in Polaris House but in Jobcentre plus. Another advert went live on Monday but as they employ in cohorts it'll make sense if they start us in waves. 603 jobs originally and only 200 ish have provisional offers so far so lots to go. Well done making it through the interview, it was tough

Oh wow, yeah so a big push.

Thank you, it was a tough process. Well done to you as well, but I assume you must have been through it all before.
I applied for the Swindon Polaris house as well and at the Pre-employment check stage, hopefully it changes soon as i have to give 1 month notice to my current employer. Please do anyone knows the working hours for this role and does it include Saturdays?
Reply 10
If I remember rightly, it is one late a week and currently not open on Saturdays. Saturdays are subject to change as it is a normal working day in DWP now. They did mention that the late can be done remotely but of course its all subject to change. No start dates yet and more recruitment still happening. Expect it will be late Jan at the very earliest for a start
If I remember rightly, it is one late a week and currently not open on Saturdays. Saturdays are subject to change as it is a normal working day in DWP now. They did mention that the late can be done remotely but of course its all subject to change. No start dates yet and more recruitment still happening. Expect it will be late Jan at the very earliest for a start

Thank you for your reply, this is very helpful.
@Beesnees, sorry to bother you again. If i may ask, do you know if this role can be more of working from home than office? Secondly is this a rota basis role or normal 8 to 4 or 9 to 5? Thirdly do you know how long the training is for and will the training be only office based?
Reply 13
Original post by Stomacdelihht
@Beesnees, sorry to bother you again. If i may ask, do you know if this role can be more of working from home than office? Secondly is this a rota basis role or normal 8 to 4 or 9 to 5? Thirdly do you know how long the training is for and will the training be only office based?

I dont work at the DWP, but when I applied for the Swindon Polaris House role it was 2 days per week in the office minimum. Since then, looks like it has changed to 3 days per week.
I am just going on the information my DWP work coach has told me, so not sure if it is correct or not.
Reply 14

No bother at all. I don't know on split of hybrid as it was originally advertised as 60% home and 40% office. Civil Service have now announced it is moving to be more office based again so I assume it will change but it will still be on a case by case basis. It is not face to face so I would hope there is wiggle room for reasonable adjustments etc. Working patterns can vary, we normally either have a 9am start time and 5pm end time, one of which is tentpoled so we have to be in the office at that time. 1 late a week was mentioned but again, always subject to change. Working patterns are agreed for 6 months at a time normally and we have just done ours starting March so plenty of notice to know what you're doing. I don't know how long or how training will be delivered but wouldn't be surprised for it to be mostly on teams so can be done from home. Sorry, most of what I know is office gossip and hearsay so nothing is certain!
Thank you so much. This was very helpful.
Has anyone heard back from their pre-checks stage? Mine looks like it is taking forever 😕
Reply 17
Has anyone heard back from their pre-checks stage? Mine looks like it is taking forever 😕

Still waiting.
I received my DBS more than 2 weeks ago though.
Reply 18
Original post by Gem2784
Still waiting.

They have now made offers for the HEO positions so looks like its moving forward at a slow pace. They have now approached existing DWP employees for managers contacts to get release dates and asked us about any leave booked from January for 3 months. We don't have to wait for dbs or references luckily but hoping we can get start dates soon. 22nd January has been thrown around but they will be cutting it very fine for external applicants!
Original post by Gem2784
Still waiting.

Same as well. Dbs came pretty quickly. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending