The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Glasgow?

Hi. I am an international student who has applied for the MSc Psychology Conversion programme.
I received conditional offers from Nottingham and Glasgow universities. Could someone please advise me on which course would be better or how the department of Psychology is at these universities?
Original post by spiritedaway2
Hi. I am an international student who has applied for the MSc Psychology Conversion programme.
I received conditional offers from Nottingham and Glasgow universities. Could someone please advise me on which course would be better or how the department of Psychology is at these universities?

Hi,
I am a current 3rd year natural sciences student at Nottingham.
Although I don't take a straight psychology course, half of my modules are ran by the school of psychology so I have had quite a bit of experience with them.
For both unis, if you haven't already, I would have a look through the modules to see if you can take what you are specifically interested in and also the staff to see if they research your areas of interest.

From my personal experience, the staff I have contacted have always been very friendly and respond quickly. Leading up to exams they always put on workshops to help with how to answer questios and rhe different types of exams which I found really helpful and that's something that not all subjects at Uni will do. The psychology building isn't the prettiest from the outside but has quite a few nice areas inside to chill alongside the lecture halls etc. It is also right next to the lake on campus so it's great if you want to take a walk or relax on a nice day. It is also right next to the science library and the main bus stops on campus.

Hope this helps but if you have any more questions about specific psychology modules or Nottingham in general then just let me know,
Emily :smile:

Hi, Even I am an international student who has applied for the MSc Psychology conversion programme. I have heard good thing about both of these unis, particularly about the psychology department at Glasgow.
Could you please let me know what are the specific requirements for this programme? I find the application process quite daunting and not feeling too sure about a few things. How many reference letters are needed? How long should the personal statement be and can I write about my personal experience of suffering from depression or will that be irrelevant? Sorry for so many questions, I am not able to find people who have applied for the same programme.
Please reply back if you can. :smile:
Original post by m.mandhyan
Hi, Even I am an international student who has applied for the MSc Psychology conversion programme. I have heard good thing about both of these unis, particularly about the psychology department at Glasgow.
Could you please let me know what are the specific requirements for this programme? I find the application process quite daunting and not feeling too sure about a few things. How many reference letters are needed? How long should the personal statement be and can I write about my personal experience of suffering from depression or will that be irrelevant? Sorry for so many questions, I am not able to find people who have applied for the same programme.
Please reply back if you can. :smile:

Hi!
From my experience and the requirements for my country, I had to submit my transcripts and 1 Letter of Recommendation. Along with that I had to also submit an English Language test result (IELTS/TOEFL)

The process is a bit tedious but Glasgow university website was easier to navigate and saving the application to edit it later made it much easier!

Wishing you the best of luck!

Hello, I am kind of in the same boat right now and hold offers from Glasgow, Nottingham, and Goldsmiths.
I am quite split between these choices and would love to connect with you to see what route you chose.

If anyone else can suggest or have any opinions, I would love to hear more!
Please let me know, would really really appreciate any help I get :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest