The Student Room Group

unis for vet med

out of bristol, nottingham, liverpool, glasgow and edinburgh which (I know they are all hard but in general) is most difficult to get into for vet med
Hi, it's hard to say to be honest. If you live in England/ Wales/ NI, from what I understand you're less likely to obtain a place for Glasgow/Edinburgh as preference is given to Scottish students - there's only a limited number of places given to people from other UK countries. For that reason, I'd choose no more than one Scottish vet school if I were you. As for the other three, you can always Google the acceptance rates (but bear in mind that the acceptance rates shown are usually for all courses in general, not just vet med) , but to be honest I would avoid it as it will only stress you out. My best advice would be to choose unis based on which ones you like the most/which ones are most viable for you grade-wise. Anything can happen, I have friends who have been rejected from Notts but got into Cambridge and vice versa. It really depends on you as a person, your application, and how you perform in the interview. It's super hard to predict!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
out of bristol, nottingham, liverpool, glasgow and edinburgh which (I know they are all hard but in general) is most difficult to get into for vet med

Another thing to take into account is that some English schools tend to have a higher intake
Like Notts has and intake of 300 (sept & April) while the Scottish schools take 45 Scottish, 35 English and about 50 international
Also the amount of interview each school does differs e.g Notts is 1000 while Glasgow is about 300/400
Original post by Anonymous #1

If you live in england then edinbrugh and glasgow will be very hard to get into as they have a (small) quota of English students that they take. Out of bristol and liverpool its hard to say. I found bristol easier to get into as there is no interview but i spent 8 hours (has to be continuous) to complete the form and it was tough and if you dont write well or have enough things to use to answer the questions then you might find that harder than a MMI interview. It kind of depends on your strengths and weaknesses and if you will suit certain universities .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending