The Student Room Group

How to go from a 5 to 7 in gcse maths in 4 months ?????

Hi, so i’ve just received my maths mock grade and i got a grade 5 (2 marks away from a 6) and i was disappointed. I’ve revised quite a lot and was expecting a 6, although i was only 2 marks away, i still felt quite upset.

Can anyone who got a 7/8/9 at gsce maths please please tell me how/ what they have done to get that? Is it possible to go from a grade 5 to a grade 7 in 4 months ?
Original post by spooky123
Hi, so i’ve just received my maths mock grade and i got a grade 5 (2 marks away from a 6) and i was disappointed. I’ve revised quite a lot and was expecting a 6, although i was only 2 marks away, i still felt quite upset.

Can anyone who got a 7/8/9 at gsce maths please please tell me how/ what they have done to get that? Is it possible to go from a grade 5 to a grade 7 in 4 months ?

do more past papers, if u dont get a question in it search it up or ask ur teacher
additionally use hegarthy maths and dr frost - it is very useful
hope this helps and good luck!

I got a grade 9 in maths, first of all do your school use any resources like mymaths etc. as those activities are good also I found that on maths really helped me also if you feel overwhelmed then I would suggest doing a past paper then revise the topics you don't get full marks on then do another past paper etc
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! Just a message to say I've moved your thread to the Maths study help forum :smile: Hope you find the help you need!

MP
Reply 4
Original post by bryantw17
do more past papers, if u dont get a question in it search it up or ask ur teacher
additionally use hegarthy maths and dr frost - it is very useful
hope this helps and good luck!

thank you, i will try this !!
Reply 5
Original post by Jess_Lomas
I got a grade 9 in maths, first of all do your school use any resources like mymaths etc. as those activities are good also I found that on maths really helped me also if you feel overwhelmed then I would suggest doing a past paper then revise the topics you don't get full marks on then do another past paper etc

Thank you so much for replying to this, i will try this and let you know how it goes !!
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Hi! Just a message to say I've moved your thread to the Maths study help forum :smile: Hope you find the help you need!

MP

Thank you so much
What did you get in the end?
Reply 7
Original post by Lea12345678
What did you get in the end?

Hi, I got a 7 in the end :smile:

if you dont mind me asking how did you actuaslly do it? i got a 5 in maths in november mock not near a six but clear of a 4. how much revision did you do every day for maths to prepare for the test?
Well done, I'm in a similar situation, after a 7 and just about on a 6 with mocks. What did you do to get to a 7 if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 10
Original post by cwilliams08
if you dont mind me asking how did you actuaslly do it? i got a 5 in maths in november mock not near a six but clear of a 4. how much revision did you do every day for maths to prepare for the test?
Hi, so sorry for the late reply, but I basically used maths genie and learnt everything from grade 1-9. Then I jsut did past papers till my exams. I also used Corbettmaths and I’ve heard dr frost is also good. For maths practice (via exam questions or past papers) are the best thing. You’ve got 2 months you can 100% go up
Reply 11
Original post by Chris smith6
Well done, I'm in a similar situation, after a 7 and just about on a 6 with mocks. What did you do to get to a 7 if you don't mind me asking?
I used maths genie and went through the topics from grade 1-9 (they have videos if you get stuck). Then I jsut did the question booklets and then full past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest