The Student Room Group

is it possible to get grade 9 in gcse's in just 2 months?

i really want to get grade 9 i am currently mostly on grade 5 and 6
Original post by ritzdemelo

No, not if you mean you want to get all grade 9s.

Depending on how much effort you put into whatever test / mock delivered the "mostly on grade 5 and 6", and how much effort you're prepared to out in from now, you might be able to get a string of 7s, and perhaps an 8 or 9 here or there.

However, the question is almost impossible to answer without knowing your ability and your work ethic.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
No, not if you mean you want to get all grade 9s.

Depending on how much effort you put into whatever test / mock delivered the "mostly on grade 5 and 6", and how much effort you're prepared to out in from now, you might be able to get a string of 7s, and perhaps an 8 or 9 here or there.

However, the question is almost impossible to answer without knowing your ability and your work ethic.

ya ok thanks for information just wanted to know if it's possible if i really start studying consistently
Reply 3
To be honest probably not. You should have got grades 7/8 in your mock exams and be working at a Grade 8 right now. Studying every day until exams is only part of doing revision, you need to have great knowledge of content, be able to apply to questions and know the types of answers examiners are looking for to get very close to full marks.
(edited 1 year ago)
It is technically possible, but it's not probable
Reply 5

I used to be on a grade 4/5 for history and when i did my actual exams last june, i got an 8 with 50/60% attendance at school and i didnt start revising properly until april ish. So i'd say, hold onto the hope but make sure you are still happy with receiving a 5/6/7/8 :smile:

Ask not whether it is possible to get grade 9’s in 3 months, but rather whether it is likely you will.

Of course it’s possible, but only with a heck of a lot of work and so I wouldn’t be too optimistic.

Heya!
If you are aiming to get all 9s then this perhaps would not be possible as there isn't a lot of time but you should still try your best and perhaps even prove everyone wrong :h: You can do your best by making sure you study hard and do lots of practice questions + go through mark schemes.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
I'd say it is. My grades fluctuate constantly, meaning I go from 3s to 8s or 4s to 7s. It is really possible; but only if you work hard. For example, history is a content-heavy subject, however, you mainly get points for how you structure things (as well as the knowledge). So I'd say practice every exam question you can get or at least make essay plans by bullet-pointing what you will say. Gcses are way easier thank mocks as the it is spread over a month, as well as a may half term in the middle!!!
Depends what you are currently on. If you're currently regularly getting 7/8 grades across the board then it's certainly possible. Going from 5/6 grades to 9s is unrealistic though. You should aim for pulling things up to 7s and maybe 8s in some places as the best case scenario (7s more realistic as a stretch goal).

I'd note that presently all UK unis I'm aware of don't distinguish between 8/9 grades at GCSE, and see them both as equivalent to the old A* grade (also most unis and courses don't look at GCSEs extensively beyond English language and maths results). So getting a 9 rather than an 8 doesn't really mean much at the moment (obviously this may change in the future though).
It is, but it requires Genuine ability. If all you want is 1 grade 9, physics is your best shot. Start out with making comprehensive notes on each and every facet on each and every chapter of physics(or chosen subjects) answer questions based on it, and repeat until the entire thing is completed.
Reply 11
Original post by rrryub
I used to be on a grade 4/5 for history and when i did my actual exams last june, i got an 8 with 50/60% attendance at school and i didnt start revising properly until april ish. So i'd say, hold onto the hope but make sure you are still happy with receiving a 5/6/7/8 :smile:

How did you do it? I am in the same boat as you for history. I am doing AQa history with Conflict & Tension in Asia, Power and People, Nazi Germany and Elizabethan Era.

Quick Reply

Latest