The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrSmile
So the normal cut off for last year was 2690? I wish it’s lower this year. They’re interviewing some very high scoring applicants at the moment so who’s to say? 🤷🏽*♀️

I’m assuming they’ll start giving interviews to the highest UCAT applicants first and work downwards to the cutoff score, doing it in batches etc
Reply 41
is this the first batch?
Do you think there will be more interviews given out?
Original post by DrSmile
So the normal cut off for last year was 2690? I wish it’s lower this year. They’re interviewing some very high scoring applicants at the moment so who’s to say? 🤷🏽*♀️

Why whats ur score? I mean dont lose hope rn you dont know what the final cut off will be, and I wouldnt base it off whos been interviewed already because of the selection process they invite the highest scoring applicants first- doesn't mean the cut off will be that high- give it time ppl with lower scores will be invited too interview soon as well :smile:
Original post by suiii77
Why whats ur score? I mean dont lose hope rn you dont know what the final cut off will be, and I wouldnt base it off whos been interviewed already because of the selection process they invite the highest scoring applicants first- doesn't mean the cut off will be that high- give it time ppl with lower scores will be invited too interview soon as well :smile:

I'm so worried- I got 2660 B2 for my UCAT and haven't heard back yet- I'm also a PARTNERS applicant.
Original post by lea.12345
I'm so worried- I got 2660 B2 for my UCAT and haven't heard back yet- I'm also a PARTNERS applicant.

i got 2770,b1 and havent heard back-also partners. Try not to worry it takes time for them to get back to everyone
Original post by lea.12345

Yeah I got 2630 B2 for my UCAT partners too havent heard anything either- with the nature of how they deal with partners applications I think they take longer
I got an interview offer for Newcastle yesterday for the 21st Dec :smile:)
Reply 47
They've done one batch, got another batch to do soon (which I assume to be this weeks) and there is another batch after Christmas.
Reply 48
Original post by teddydog10
I got an interview offer for Newcastle yesterday for the 21st Dec :smile:)

what were your stats?
Original post by unor
what were your stats?

Im predicted 3A*s and got 2910 B1 in my UCAT
Do you think 2770 b1 as a partners applicant will get me an interview this year?
Reply 51
yes definitely lmao don't even worry, cutoff without partners last year was 2690, so ur fine
Original post by imm36
yes definitely lmao don't even worry, cutoff without partners last year was 2690, so ur fine

yeah for partners ik someone who got an int with 2610 last year so im hoping cut off doesnt jump loads so my 2630 is safe
Has there only been one batch so far?
People applying to Newcastle (standard applicant) this year. What are your stats?
Just received an interview from Newcastle
Whats ur ucat? xx
Original post by teeth25 <3
Just received an interview from Newcastle

whats ur ucat? xx
I got an interview this morning from Newcastle, my ucat is 2810 band 2 :smile:
Original post by 2372student
I got an interview this morning from Newcastle, my ucat is 2810 band 2 :smile:

What were your GCSEs if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest