The Student Room Group

Bulgarian Medical University Admission 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bilal1320
hey, im appling for dentistry in plovdiv medical university this year. i was wondering if you could answer a few questions i have. are the rankings different for dentistry and medicine? is dentistry popular there as im wondering if admission for a seat is not as difficult compared to medicine. thanks

Hey. I’m a first year dentist. Yes the rankings are different for medics and dentists. Dentistry is not as popular as medicine but there is a significantly lower acceptance number. For first year international students there are about 400 medics and only around 100 dentists. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Can someone please guide for UK students how long the visa D takes once acceptance letter is issued by the Plovdiv uni? Can our agency represent and enroll on our behalf ? Due to brexit UK graduates need to apply for visa D tonstudy in bulgaria. Bulgarian embassy is quoting few weeks . Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Can someone please guide for UK students how long the visa D takes once acceptance letter is issued by the Plovdiv uni? Can our agency represent and enroll on our behalf ? Due to brexit UK graduates need to apply for visa D tonstudy in bulgaria. Bulgarian embassy is quoting few weeks . Thanks

For me the visa took just over a month to be ready. It may be different for you depending on how busy or not they are. And unfortunately an agency can’t enrol for you, you have to be there in person. You have a free 90 day stay in Bulgaria w no visa so you should be fine.
Original post by Oniajayant
For me the visa took just over a month to be ready. It may be different for you depending on how busy or not they are. And unfortunately an agency can’t enrol for you, you have to be there in person. You have a free 90 day stay in Bulgaria w no visa so you should be fine.

Many thanks. Do you think university will allow to enroll on 90 day stay or do they need Visa D for student no etc
Many thanks. Do you think university will allow to enroll on 90 day stay or do they need Visa D for student no etc

Yeah it’s completely fine to enrol w out a visa. Tbh the uni doesn’t really care about your living situation and visas etc. the main reason for the visa is to give you enough time to sort out your Bulgarian id.
Original post by Oniajayant
Yeah it’s completely fine to enrol w out a visa. Tbh the uni doesn’t really care about your living situation and visas etc. the main reason for the visa is to give you enough time to sort out your Bulgarian id.

Many thanks.
Hey is there any chats here with ukapplicants going to uni in Bulgaria so we can get to know each other
Not sure but happy to participate and part of the group . Not sure if I will get admission or not but still in process of applying.
Not sure but happy to participate and part of the group . Not sure if I will get admission or not but still in process of applying.

Yes same here. The application process is really confusing at times and long. What agency are you doing it through?
Tutelage
@Oniajayant

You seem very knowledgeable.

Are you an existing student in Plovdiv Uni? If so please share your experience so that the rest can benefit

Thanks
@Oniajayant

You seem very knowledgeable.

Are you an existing student in Plovdiv Uni? If so please share your experience so that the rest can benefit

Thanks

Hey. Yeah I’m a dentist going into second year. Ask me some questions so I can share my experience better. I’ve also answered a few questions on another discussion called: MU Plovdiv 2022 Applicants Medicine/Dentistry here on tsr
Tutelage

Sorry, I wanted to share my experience with you guys before you go ahead with Tutelage. Last year when I was trying to apply to Plovdiv i was recommended that agency. So at first they were helpful they sent the past papers and a guidance pack to help with the whole application process (which wasn't that helpful) and I was assured that they would help me through every step of the application process and get it done smoothly. This could not have been further from the truth. After sending her £600 like she requested there was no contact, no calls, no messages or emails. After many days had passed we got call from her saying that the company had gone bankrupt and that she wouldn't help with the application further. I spoke to one of the notary offices when getting my documents notarised this year to reapply, and one of them asked if I had come through Tutelage - to which I responded "No, the company went bankrupt last year". And much to my shock the solicitor told me that, that was not the truth. The company had been running fine.

So just as a disclaimer be careful with those crooks.
Save yourselves the money because I'm sure you'd rather spend it on rent or something.
@Oniajayant

Thanks for your reply.

Have you applied through agency or managed do all the process yourself? If through agency which one and do you recommend them?
Any suggestions on getting the apartment? Which agents to use and which ones to avoid ( for a new student is it better to live far or closer to the Uni)
Any suggested list of stuff you recommend to take form UK from your experience.
Hard is doing dentistry/ Medicine from Bulgaria, as compared to UK medical Unis?
Any idea when final rankings for Medicine and Dentistry will be announced for MU Plovdiv? (Will they be published on the Uni website?)

The last date for the exam is is 08-09-2022 or 09-09-2022?

I know few people have also booked for 09-09-2022?

After final rankings when will the acceptance letters will be issued?
Hi
As asked previously, if anyone had any suggestions on getting apartments and which estate agents to buy from that would be really helpful. And just how student life is in general in Bulgaria etc is there lots of things you can do in your free time?, are there many British students around…
@Oniajayant

Thanks for your reply.

Have you applied through agency or managed do all the process yourself? If through agency which one and do you recommend them?
Any suggestions on getting the apartment? Which agents to use and which ones to avoid ( for a new student is it better to live far or closer to the Uni)
Any suggested list of stuff you recommend to take form UK from your experience.
Hard is doing dentistry/ Medicine from Bulgaria, as compared to UK medical Unis?

Yes I applied through the agency medconnect. I thought they were very helpful and are definitely the better agency out of all of them.
As for apartments i used the agency called seven hills and they are the most popular one to go through. It was very quick and easy for me w them. There is also an account on Instagram called plovdiv homes. If you are w an agency I would just recommend using their help to fund your apartment as it is easier. Also be quick because the apartments can go quickly but there are still many people who find apartments when they get to Bulgaria and are doing fine. For me I would recommend to live closer especially because some classes start at 7:30am and if you’re like me you want to sleep as much as possible. But if you can wake up early then an apartment 10-20 mins away shouldn’t be too bad.
There aren’t too many things I would recommend to bring except spices and seasonings, snacks and foods that you can’t get here, and if you eat cultural food I would recommend freezing it and bringing it as you can’t always get ingredients in bulgaria. Other than personal belongings I wouldn’t recommend bringing anything else as you can get thing a like pots and pans out here for a good price.
Studying here is only hard if you don’t keep up w your work. But generally speaking majority of my year do struggle. It definitely isn’t easy as they do load you w a lot of content to learn so independent study is vital. Obvs this question is subjective so it may be different for everyone. I will say compared to the uk we are exposed much earlier to cadavers and more knowledge but a downside in bg is that there are a lot of extra subjects that don’t seem necessary and can be annoying like physics, chemistry, latin etc.
hope this helps!
Any idea when final rankings for Medicine and Dentistry will be announced for MU Plovdiv? (Will they be published on the Uni website?)

The last date for the exam is is 08-09-2022 or 09-09-2022?

I know few people have also booked for 09-09-2022?

After final rankings when will the acceptance letters will be issued?

Hey. Last year the rankings were announced on the 14th of September. And yes you can find it on the uni website and you will get an email. I received my acceptance letter early October.
Original post by Bluetangerine
Hi
As asked previously, if anyone had any suggestions on getting apartments and which estate agents to buy from that would be really helpful. And just how student life is in general in Bulgaria etc is there lots of things you can do in your free time?, are there many British students around…

Hey I’ve answered the first part in another response. There are a few things to do but I wouldn’t say a lot. There are malls, go karting, bowling and the city centre is nice to walk through as well as the historic old town. After a while you might get bored so hanging out w friends becomes a regular thing. And yes!!! There are so many British students around. You won’t really feel like an outsider unless you get further from the uni and closer to the outskirts. Living in Bulgaria is definitely an interesting experience that I don’t regret and many others feel the same. It is a lot different from the uk tho.
Anyone living in uni dorms? Also what's the likelihood of us getting into the dormitories?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending