The Student Room Group

A-level not sat on one go

Hey, I have done Physics and Urdu A-level in one sitting, that was Oct/Nov 2022, got my results in January 2023. But Since then, I have not been feeling okay health wise and could not sit in my English Language Alevel (which is the 3rd Subject). I am planning on taking English Language A-level in May/June 2024 session, and I was confused whether universities will accept my 3 A-levels, since two of them have their own certificate for respective year, and English Language A-level in 2024 would have its own.
Short version:

In the UK yes most unis/courses will consider it (some may not, such as many medical degrees).

However you may be less competitive with or without extenuating circumstances for some unis/courses (e.g. Oxbridge and similar most likely).

Your academic referee should note your extenuating circumstances so as to minimise the effect this may have.

Also bear in mind most UK unis will state if you may be less competitive in this situation on their admissions pages. If you are unsure, you can always email them and ask.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Which Uni subject are you applying for with Physics, Urdu and English?
Original post by artful_lounger
Short version:

In the UK yes most unis/courses will consider it (some may not, such as many medical degrees).

However you may be less competitive with or without extenuating circumstances for some unis/courses (e.g. Oxbridge and similar most likely).

Your academic referee should note your extenuating circumstances so as to minimise the effect this may have.

Also bear in mind most UK unis will state if you may be less competitive in this situation on their admissions pages. If you are unsure, you can always email them and ask.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Original post by McGinger
Which Uni subject are you applying for with Physics, Urdu and English?

I'll be mainly applying for Sports Journalism and Marketing related degrees, so I don't think there would be as much of a competition as in medical or engineering side of the things.
Original post by artful_lounger
Short version:

I'll be mainly applying for Sports Journalism and Marketing related degrees, so I don't think there would be as much of a competition as in medical or engineering side of the things.
Reply 6
The sort of Unis offering Sport Journalism will mostly not be that bothered when you took your A levels - ie. they are not that competitive, and neither is that sort of course - but its always worth emailing each intended Uni to check before you apply.

Quick Reply

Latest