The Student Room Group

Frenuloplasty

Hi

I wanted to start a more recent topic on Frenuloplasty afte reading about this operation on this forum I wanted to give my insight and personal experience in case it helps anyone out there make the decision to go forward.

I suffered from a short frenulum on my penis for years. I self referred myself to the GP at 14 and was given steriod cream. This helped as I could then start retracting my foreskin whilst flacid but always suffered from tight foreskin when erect making oral sex very sensitive and sometimes too much to handle.

at the age of 32 I decided to go back to the GP following reading a discussion on this site regarding Frenuolplasty surgery. I always attempted to find a solution not to have a circumcision unless absolutley neccessary. I therefore hoped my discussion with the GP would start the ball rolling for a potential frenuloplasty.

In Nov 21 I went to the GP who referred me to a urologist. In Dec 21 I had my first Urologist appointment who instantly said I had 3 options. First, was to remain as I am as the issue wouldnt get any wor but also wouldnt get any beter. Second was a Frenuloplasty surgery, which he was in favour for based on my ability to retract the foreksin whilst flaccid, or third was to have a full circumcision. He believed the frenuoplasty would solve the issue. Therefore I went with his advice.

In Jan 22 I had a phone call to say I could have the surgery first week of Feb 22.

I attended the day patients clinic in Feb 22 at 3pm. I was taken to theatres at 6pm put under General Anthesetic. I was more nervous of this however I never even felt the needle go into my hand, I was shocked! Within seconds I was fast asleep.

I then woke up around half 6. Felt fine no nausea etc. I was aware I was given two local Anthestic shots prior to waking up at thr base of my penis which took any pain away.

I was discharged at 8pm. So 5 hours in and out.

First week I was petrified of cleaning the wound in case it stung either retracting the foreskin or using water. What I did do was retract my foreksin gently each day by applying lots of vaseline and then clean the foreksin and glands with baby wipes soaked in water.
I had several days of blood spotting but nothing major and a horrible smell from the wound but no pain at all that included a week fo nghtly erections.

Halfway into week 2 I started to lose my stitches and by week 3 all stithces had disappeared.

I did find when the wound started to heal and the stitches began lossening when I attempted to retract my foreksin I felt a sharp pain by the banjo string . However week 3 I have masturbated and retracted daily under water in a bath and whilst drying and no pain what so ever. The wound looks nearly healed and I am very pleased with the outcome.

Ican feel a difference now when the foreksin is retracted when flaccid still a little scared to try erect but have tried slightly and can manage to get halfway down the penis which is more then before.

My advice if anyone is thinking about this is to go for it. I have put it off for 14 years and after going through it I am annoyed with myself that I put it off for so long.

The Op is quick and painless. Recovery is quick 3 weeks and back to normal. During the recovery weeks slight annoyance more then painful. Never hurt to urinate and just made sure it eas clean after by using baby wipes. So far so good.

Any questions fell free to ask or PM me and ill try to answer anything
Original post by milldale61
However week 3 I have masturbated

Ok.
Hi milldale61,

Thanks for bringing this topic into 2022. Like yourself, I had been reading the previous thread for information, but noticed that it didn't really cover the recovery all that well.

I am currently 5 days post-op and I am currently doing okay (fingers crossed). Just a little apprehensive being able to fully retract the foreskin at the moment. Did you suffer much from a pain when doing this? I am getting a couple of twinges of pain every now and then which takes me by surprise.
Reply 3
Hi I'm glad someone has read my post. I was very apprehensive at first and didn't really fully retract until a week after. I was washing the wound and pat drying, as much as I could.The only pain I had was sharp twinges when I did attempt to fully retract once the stitches started to full out but this was towards the end of the healing process, on one side. It just felt right. I fully retracted about 10 days post op and had no pain what's so ever. I did wonder why I put it off for so long..I did it in the bath which I felt helped.
Hey milldale61,

Im struggling to decide between full circumcision or frenuloplasty. Now that it has been some time since you had your procedure done. Are you able to retract fully and comfortably when erect? and has it impacted sex in any way negatively?

I was concerned that a frenuloplasty still wouldn't fix my tight foreskin so thought circumcision would be conclusive fix instead. But am open to doing a frenuloplasty if the foreskin loosens afterwards.

Would really appreciate your advice.
Original post by milldale61
Hi
I wanted to start a more recent topic on Frenuloplasty afte reading about this operation on this forum I wanted to give my insight and personal experience in case it helps anyone out there make the decision to go forward.
I suffered from a short frenulum on my penis for years. I self referred myself to the GP at 14 and was given steriod cream. This helped as I could then start retracting my foreskin whilst flacid but always suffered from tight foreskin when erect making oral sex very sensitive and sometimes too much to handle.
at the age of 32 I decided to go back to the GP following reading a discussion on this site regarding Frenuolplasty surgery. I always attempted to find a solution not to have a circumcision unless absolutley neccessary. I therefore hoped my discussion with the GP would start the ball rolling for a potential frenuloplasty.
In Nov 21 I went to the GP who referred me to a urologist. In Dec 21 I had my first Urologist appointment who instantly said I had 3 options. First, was to remain as I am as the issue wouldnt get any wor but also wouldnt get any beter. Second was a Frenuloplasty surgery, which he was in favour for based on my ability to retract the foreksin whilst flaccid, or third was to have a full circumcision. He believed the frenuoplasty would solve the issue. Therefore I went with his advice.
In Jan 22 I had a phone call to say I could have the surgery first week of Feb 22.
I attended the day patients clinic in Feb 22 at 3pm. I was taken to theatres at 6pm put under General Anthesetic. I was more nervous of this however I never even felt the needle go into my hand, I was shocked! Within seconds I was fast asleep.
I then woke up around half 6. Felt fine no nausea etc. I was aware I was given two local Anthestic shots prior to waking up at thr base of my penis which took any pain away.
I was discharged at 8pm. So 5 hours in and out.
First week I was petrified of cleaning the wound in case it stung either retracting the foreskin or using water. What I did do was retract my foreksin gently each day by applying lots of vaseline and then clean the foreksin and glands with baby wipes soaked in water.
I had several days of blood spotting but nothing major and a horrible smell from the wound but no pain at all that included a week fo nghtly erections.
Halfway into week 2 I started to lose my stitches and by week 3 all stithces had disappeared.
I did find when the wound started to heal and the stitches began lossening when I attempted to retract my foreksin I felt a sharp pain by the banjo string . However week 3 I have masturbated and retracted daily under water in a bath and whilst drying and no pain what so ever. The wound looks nearly healed and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Ican feel a difference now when the foreksin is retracted when flaccid still a little scared to try erect but have tried slightly and can manage to get halfway down the penis which is more then before.
My advice if anyone is thinking about this is to go for it. I have put it off for 14 years and after going through it I am annoyed with myself that I put it off for so long.
The Op is quick and painless. Recovery is quick 3 weeks and back to normal. During the recovery weeks slight annoyance more then painful. Never hurt to urinate and just made sure it eas clean after by using baby wipes. So far so good.
Any questions fell free to ask or PM me and ill try to answer anything

Hi I'm three days in since my Frenuloplasty, I have had a tear on my frenulum the past three years and just became a white band of scar tissue that rips and heals. Hopefully this will solve the problem. I showered yesterday first time since the surgery and it was very scary but just ran water over the wound and pat dry. Today I did the same but some blood spots at the wound area, I may check later and let it dry out naturally. Thanks for the heads up on the vasaline I've used plenty so it retracts better once cleaned! Thank you again for your post as I'd does offer me some reassurance on the recovery 🙏🏻
Original post by WolfTM2008
Hi milldale61,
Thanks for bringing this topic into 2022. Like yourself, I had been reading the previous thread for information, but noticed that it didn't really cover the recovery all that well.
I am currently 5 days post-op and I am currently doing okay (fingers crossed). Just a little apprehensive being able to fully retract the foreskin at the moment. Did you suffer much from a pain when doing this? I am getting a couple of twinges of pain every now and then which takes me by surprise.

Hi Wolf, I hope your recovery went well. I'm only three days in. Cleaning is so scary! I'll try to air it out later this evening!
Hi Milldale & Wolf, I'm now close to seven days in. It's been uncomfortable at times, washing the wound morning and evening just running water over in the shower and blowing to dry it! Vasaline was a good shout but I did start out using too much. They said to air it out.. I've tried and it's just not that comfortable for too long plus looking at it is not that nice either. Tonight I have a few sharp pains at the stitch line. Looks slights bruised in areas but better than a few days ago. I'll keep you posted on my progress as there is not many groups out there at all asking about this 🤞🏻
Update: I'm two weeks in and mostly pain free. Still very sensitive and some swelling but able to clean the area. Morning glory is not so nice, painful to say the least. For anyone else who's having this treatment or about to it does take time to heal so be patient 🙏🏻
Update: I hope this helps someone in the same situation. I'm now four weeks today. There is definitely more flexibility in the skin for cleaning, the scar area is still slightly raised and feels quite numb to touch. No real pain but definitely some stinging every now and then. More of a pink colour on the scar and most of the stitches seem to have disappeared. I see my Urologist this evening so I should have an outcome of the success. It's definitely going to be another four to six weeks at least before it heals fully id say 🙏🏻
5 months in here. I'm having sex and it's all good.

be patient though as my wound opened up due to a bit of impatience, a few days after the surgery. it caused a bit of extra scarring but its now fine.
also don't let the frenulum stick in a shortened position
(edited 02:35)

Quick Reply

Latest