The Student Room Group

I think I have a frenulum breve?

Basically I am 19, only recently lost my virginity and during my teens when masturbating I could never pull my foreskin all the way back. Only a few years ago I discovered this isn't normal and that the foreskin is supposed to be retracted and is easy to retract. When flaccid I can pull my foreskin back enough to reveal a lot of the glans, but even then it doesn't pull all the way back over the head. When errect I can only pull it back enough to show a tiny bit of the glans and it looks like the hole is really tight.

I've tried stretching exercises and phimosis rings for the last two months but it's made no difference. That is why I think I have a frenulum breve and not just phimosis. When I try and pull it back as far as I can it's not too painful but my frenulum looks really short like I'm unable to pull the foreskin on the underside of my penis back because the frenulum is ridiculously short. I live in Scotland and I apparently only NHS in England offers frenuloplasty, unless I'm mistaken which I hope I am. I have a GP appointment next week and he will very likely refer me to a urologist and hopefully give me some steroid creams. If frenuloplasty is only offered by the NHS in England and not Scotland I'm afraid the only alternative cure will be circumcision which I really do not want.

Me and my girlfriend recently started having sex and I have to use condoms and lots of lubricant. Sex still feels really good but at the same time quite uncomfortable as well. Also the most pleasurable part of sex for a man is the exposure of the glans to the vaginal wall and obviously with my condition my foreskin can't be retracted during sex. The fact that sex is supposed to feel like a million times better makes me feel like I'm missing out on how good the experience is while my girlfriend feels no different at all on her end.

I don't have a lot of money so can't afford to go private and I don't mind waiting a few months on a waiting list to see a urologist through the NHS but I don't want to immediately be referred for circumcision, I'd much rather a frenuloplasty. That way my foreskin is still intact and frenulum lengthened. Does anyone know if frenuloplasty is offered in all UK countries or just in England? It's the National Health Service meaning the same services should be available in all four UK countries you would think.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I am 19, only recently lost my virginity and during my teens when masturbating I could never pull my foreskin all the way back. Only a few years ago I discovered this isn't normal and that the foreskin is supposed to be retracted and is easy to retract. When flaccid I can pull my foreskin back enough to reveal a lot of the glans, but even then it doesn't pull all the way back over the head. When errect I can only pull it back enough to show a tiny bit of the glans and it looks like the hole is really tight.

I've tried stretching exercises and phimosis rings for the last two months but it's made no difference. That is why I think I have a frenulum breve and not just phimosis. When I try and pull it back as far as I can it's not too painful but my frenulum looks really short like I'm unable to pull the foreskin on the underside of my penis back because the frenulum is ridiculously short. I live in Scotland and I apparently only NHS in England offers frenuloplasty, unless I'm mistaken which I hope I am. I have a GP appointment next week and he will very likely refer me to a urologist and hopefully give me some steroid creams. If frenuloplasty is only offered by the NHS in England and not Scotland I'm afraid the only alternative cure will be circumcision which I really do not want.

Me and my girlfriend recently started having sex and I have to use condoms and lots of lubricant. Sex still feels really good but at the same time quite uncomfortable as well. Also the most pleasurable part of sex for a man is the exposure of the glans to the vaginal wall and obviously with my condition my foreskin can't be retracted during sex. The fact that sex is supposed to feel like a million times better makes me feel like I'm missing out on how good the experience is while my girlfriend feels no different at all on her end.

I don't have a lot of money so can't afford to go private and I don't mind waiting a few months on a waiting list to see a urologist through the NHS but I don't want to immediately be referred for circumcision, I'd much rather a frenuloplasty. That way my foreskin is still intact and frenulum lengthened. Does anyone know if frenuloplasty is offered in all UK countries or just in England? It's the National Health Service meaning the same services should be available in all four UK countries you would think.

If your not circumcised the frenulum has a purpose. To pull the foreskin back over the head! That is why if you choose to get circumcised you should have a Frenulectomy.. The Frenulam has no purpose after circumcision.. Plus your circumcision can be tighter.. Removing a little more skin.. A tighter circumcision is always best!

Quick Reply

Latest