The Student Room Group

Oxford 2022: Evidence Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I was notified today that I've been placed on the waitlist - anyone else? Anyone have insights into how the waitlist works at Oxford and when is the latest I could hear back by?
Reply 61
Just if in case it helps, applied for the January deadline, the upload button disappeared on Wednesday (16th March), got the offer on Monday (21st March). I was in contact with a few other students who had their rejections on 18th March (Friday, 2 am).

Offered a college place [Linacre, on 29th March], [rejected from preferred, Nuffield College, on 28th March] ; and no news on funding, as of 07 April.

Just sharing if in case it helps to manage future applicants' anxiety to some extent. But not sure about the march-deadline applicant.
Reply 62
Original post by gaiaaa
I was notified today that I've been placed on the waitlist - anyone else? Anyone have insights into how the waitlist works at Oxford and when is the latest I could hear back by?

If you don't mind....
Have you applied for January deadline or March?
Reply 63
Original post by la_pog
Just if in case it helps, applied for the January deadline, the upload button disappeared on Wednesday (16th March), got the offer on Monday (21st March). I was in contact with a few other students who had their rejections on 18th March (Friday, 2 am).

Offered a college place [Linacre, on 29th March], [rejected from preferred, Nuffield College, on 28th March] ; and no news on funding, as of 07 April.

Just sharing if in case it helps to manage future applicants' anxiety to some extent. But not sure about the march-deadline applicant.

Thank you so much for sharing. So kind of you.
Original post by gaiaaa

Last year someone submitted a freedom of information request about the numbers on the waitlist + admissions from the waitlist from the past four years. Last year 38 people were on the waitlist of whom 8 ended up getting an offer.

Here is the link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/msc_evidence_based_social_interv#incoming-1811643
Reply 65
Hello .....
Anyone From March deadline got any feedback after button got disappeared? 😭😭😭😭
hi gaiaaa, may i ask when did you apply? Thank you
Original post by gaiaaa

hi gaiaaa, may I ask when did you apply if possible? Thank you
Hi! I was also told yesterday that I've been put on the waitlist. EEEEK. I sent an email yesterday asking for more information (number of people in the waitlist, by when when we can hope to obtain a final response, capacity of the MSc, etc.).
Reply 69
Original post by waitlisted2022
Hi! I was also told yesterday that I've been put on the waitlist. EEEEK. I sent an email yesterday asking for more information (number of people in the waitlist, by when when we can hope to obtain a final response, capacity of the MSc, etc.).

I wish good luck for your acceptance.
If you don't mind. Can you please tell us about your timeline and whether you applied in March deadline or January?
Original post by bintesha
I wish good luck for your acceptance.
If you don't mind. Can you please tell us about your timeline and whether you applied in March deadline or January?

Hi! Of course. I applied in February for the March deadline. I really regret not having applied earlier. Sending strength your way in these stressful times!
Original post by gaiaaa

Spoiler

Original post by gaiaaa

It could be as early as April or as late as August. I suggest emailing your department, they do usually give some sort of estimate!
Reply 73
Original post by saaaaally
hi gaiaaa, may I ask when did you apply if possible? Thank you

I applied for the January deadline but was deferred to be re-evaluated with the March deadline!
Reply 74

FWIW I did the same - they responded quickly but said they couldn't provide any information at all, basically.
Original post by gaiaaa
FWIW I did the same - they responded quickly but said they couldn't provide any information at all, basically.

Brutal. I recieved the same answer. Are you also an international applicant?
Reply 76
Brutal. I recieved the same answer. Are you also an international applicant?

Yes, so I have no idea how it would work visa-wise if I got an offer in August, for example. I'll probably accept an offer from another UK school in the meantime and start that visa process but I have no idea if that would help.
Reply 77
What is the final deadline for offer holders to accept/decline their offer? And has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending