The Student Room Group

Year 12 Finance/Business Work Experience

I'm currently in year 12 and I'm looking for work experience for anything to do with finance, business, management, economics or even technology. Does anyone know any companies giving work experience for year 12 students apart from HSBC?
try online
Original post by tinyperson
try online

I've already done some virtual courses on Springpod, but I'm looking for something in real life now. Or really just any work experience with an actual company.
try banks
Original post by tinyperson
try banks

Already went on as many bank websites as possible - most of them are either virtual or for grad students. If anyone knows any specific ones that are in- and for sixth formers that'd be great (:

Those two links are class, cheers. If anyone finds any work experience opportunities, though, please post them here.
Reply 7
HSBC don’t seem to be doing this year, page we found hasn’t been updated. My son is looking for the same. I think we may need to go in to the branches such as they are and ask but a shame nothing more organised.
Original post by Sparks25
HSBC don’t seem to be doing this year, page we found hasn’t been updated. My son is looking for the same. I think we may need to go in to the branches such as they are and ask but a shame nothing more organised.

their applications are coming out in a couple days, on the 19th
Reply 9
Original post by isinhegus2928

Oh thank you we will take another look

Do you know what the process is, like interviews?
Original post by toomuchheaven
Do you know what the process is, like interviews?

my brother attended it last year and i believe there is different stages to the interview, i think there is a online video interview, call interview and then they give you a placement.
(edited 2 months ago)
my brother attended it last year and i believe there is different stages to the interview, i think there is a online video interview, call interview and then they give you a placement.

Do grades matter? Will they ask?
Also sorry but how did he apply, like the start of the application process?
Original post by toomuchheaven
Do grades matter? Will they ask?
Also sorry but how did he apply, like the start of the application process?

i think my brother told me he was asked for a cv, he put all his grades on there.
(edited 2 months ago)
i think my brother told me he was asked for a cv, he put all his grades on there.

Tysm:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending