The Student Room Group

Arm Software Engineer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship 2024 - DTS BSc

Hi everyone I am making a specific thread for the Level 6 Software Engineer Vacancy at Arm.

What stage of the application are you on?
Feel free to ask questions and please help each other out!
Have you applied to any other places or have existing offers?
What tips would you give to help someone secure a degree apprenticeship?

If you are looking for more Software Engineer Degree Apprenticeships visit and contribute kindly to:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398323&p=99221333&page=13&viewing_newpost=1#post99221333
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Role Overview provided by Arm

Learn. Earn. Innovate.

Join us on our Degree Apprenticeship program and grow within one of the most historical UK-forged technology companies!

Acquire the technical knowledge to propel your career, whilst also working with some of the brightest minds in industry.
All whilst avoiding any student loans & obtaining a yearly salary.

About the Apprenticeship Program
3 Year Degree Program studying towards a Digital Technology Solutions Level 6 Degree
You will spend at least 20% of your time on academic work (one day a week), with the other 80% spent gaining work experience and on-the-job
training
Study will be delivered remotely with some modules hosted in-person at BPP sites across the UK
You will have a line manager, industrial tutor, buddy and academic tutor as well as program support
Depending on the study and group you join, you could rotate throughout your Apprenticeship giving you a wide range of experience across
teams within Arm

What will I be working on?
Each team offers a new perspective and challenge. The rotations we offer are in a blend of different teams and are subject to business demand.
See below for a few examples:
Online tools group developing tools for Keil Studio
Data Science from Python projects to enabling AArch64
Machine Learning analysing machine learning workloads
High Performance Compute developing reference software stacks
Compilers developing compilers in C++
Firmware developing secure rmware
Linux Kernel debugging and testing

Salary: £27,000 (Not specified if it is the starting salary or the salary which you will progress to as an apprentice)

Requirements:
To hold, or be on track to achieve 104 UCAS points by September 2024. (Equivalent of BCC at A-level) BTEC's, Level 3 quali cations and
International baccalaureate are welcome. Please use the UCAS points tariff calculator to translate your quali cations.
GCSE Maths & English at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent quali cations)
The UK government requires that you have lived in the country for at least three years and have obtained permission from the UK government
to reside in the country (not for educational purposes) to be eligible for apprenticeship funding. Alternatively, you can qualify if you have pre-
settled or settled status.

Locations: Cambridge, Manchester
Reply 2
Helpful tip from an older thread by @HoldThisL

(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Hi first of all congratulations on getting that far as these apprenticeships are very competitive no matter the level.

I am actually an applicant and have applied to this position recently so made this in the hopes of meeting people who are also in a similar position.

All the best of luck with your interview and let me know how it goes, I'm sure you'll do well.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Astray666
Hi everyone I am making a specific thread for the Level 6 Software Engineer Vacancy at Arm.
What stage of the application are you on?
Feel free to ask questions and please help each other out!
Have you applied to any other places or have existing offers?
What tips would you give to help someone secure a degree apprenticeship?
If you are looking for more Software Engineer Degree Apprenticeships visit and contribute kindly to:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398323&p=99221333&page=13&viewing_newpost=1#post99221333
Do you guys have a discord server to discuss this?

Made one: https://discord.gg/jBBn2mkC7h
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 5
Original post by aadam11
hi,
i still need to do the video interview soon but got a email saying there has been some technical difficulties so waiting on them to give me a call.
how about you ?

Oh, I hope it all goes smooth, I haven't heard back since I applied except for an email saying they've received it and are reviewing it. What location and level are you applying for?
Reply 6
Original post by G468
Do you guys have a discord server to discuss this?

Unfortunately not yet but I can get made if you guys want?
Reply 7
Original post by aadam11
hi,
i still need to do the video interview soon but got a email saying there has been some technical difficulties so waiting on them to give me a call.
how about you ?
Same email I've got. I'll wait and see if they call today otherwise I'll email them.
Reply 8
Unfortunately not yet but I can get made if you guys want?
Absolutely yes please!!
Did anyone get a call yet?
Reply 10
They emailed me now telling me the technical issue has been sorted and I can do my video interview. Been preparing hard for the behavioral questions :headbang:
I have also applied but I'm just stuck in an under review status and not sure if I have been soft declined or they are just taking a while. Is anyone else experiencing or experienced this?
Reply 12
Original post by Slimey-grandiose
I have also applied but I'm just stuck in an under review status and not sure if I have been soft declined or they are just taking a while. Is anyone else experiencing or experienced this?

I'm also under review status for 2 - 3 weeks I think, so you definitely aren't alone. Perhaps they are just taking their time.
I'm also under review status for 2 - 3 weeks I think, so you definitely aren't alone. Perhaps they are just taking their time.
That's relieving to hear at least. Have you got any plans to email them or are you planning on letting them get to you?
Reply 14
That's relieving to hear at least. Have you got any plans to email them or are you planning on letting them get to you?

I was thinking of waiting this week at least and then see what happens as some companies do take their time. What about you? When did you apply?
I was thinking of waiting this week at least and then see what happens as some companies do take their time. What about you? When did you apply?
applied on 6th february, been under review since 19th february. Was going to send an email when I saw this thread. But I'm gonna focus on my Comp Sci NEA and probably email once I finish it.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 16
applied on 6th february, been under review since 19th february. Was going to send an email when I saw this thread. But I'm gonna focus on my Comp Sci NEA and probably email once I finish it.

That's exactly what I'm doing, what are you doing for your NEA?
That's exactly what I'm doing, what are you doing for your NEA?
Its a very poor quality rogue-like built in monogame framework. A classmate built something similar in unity, he benefits he has had using a game engine have been heart breaking to watch. I've been getting cooked. whats yours?
Reply 18
Its a very poor quality rogue-like built in monogame framework. A classmate built something similar in unity, he benefits he has had using a game engine have been heart breaking to watch. I've been getting cooked. whats yours?
Hi, I am that classmate. Can confirm that seeing the pain he's had with Monogame has been equally heart breaking to watch. I've had a relatively smooth time with mine, the benefits of a having a GUI are insane and have made it so much easier
Reply 19
Oh aha, all the best of luck, I didn't quite understand your project though, what is its job?

I'm making a Scientific + Graphing Calculator that also does Differentiation and Integration. I've just finished the scientific part but need to do the write up which I hate.

What language and exam board are you with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending