The Student Room Group

🌿 I Don't Do Blogs: A journey to self-improvement 🌿

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idontdousernames
I appreciate that lol. Trying to figure out why it isn't getting much attention. I shouldn't care about that; I'm not really doing it for other people. I'm doing it to hold myself accountable. But it is minorly disheartening.

:console:

I didn't like to interrupt but if you want I can comment more. Maybe other people felt the same?
Day 8 & 9
Good news: both today and yesterday I managed to be more productive in terms of the learning. What I'm producing so far looks better than my first attempt did at the end of March. It's difficult to force myself to get going but it's fairly enjoyable once I'm in the flow.
Bad news: I slipped up on one of my rules. I was thinking about it too much and couldn't deal with the urge any more. I spent about an hour convincing myself it was okay as long as I used a loophole and then at the end of that loophole I couldn't stop. Still not sure if I can talk about it in full. Still need to ask the mods. I need to stop being lazy.

I love your username :biggrin:

I’m glad to hear that you were a lot more productive over the last two days.

Good luck!

About tagging, do I just tag in one post or am I meant to do it in all posts?

Most users tend to tag in their big updates. If you are planning on updating every day, then tagging might not be the best idea. But if you are updating every week or so, then tagging sounds good. Does that make sense? :tongue:
Original post by 5hyl33n

I was just looking back at the first post where you said about your username and I really like it to :tongue:
Day 10 & 11
I'm really not doing well at keeping this thing updated. Wow.
So, updates the last 2 days... I don't feel like I've done anything productive but I know that's not true. I've been going to the gym, I cleaned, and I'm currently trying to pick up crochet. Some days the urge to play games is super strong and it's difficult to supress it. I know it'll be worse at the end of this month when there's a big update coming out for it. I'm not looking forward to that.
I don't know what I'm going to do after this month. I want to play games again. I could build in time in my schedule for it. But I don't trust myself to stick to just whatever timeslot I decide. And if I do that, I don't trust I'll remain productive. As much as I enjoy games, I've gotten more done in the last week than last month combined. I'm slipping a bit in terms of how much time I spend surfing the internet; I spent at least an hour and a half writing an essay on social media earlier. It doesn't feel great to be going back into that kind of habit even though it's satisfying the hole of dopamine that gaming used to fill.

I was going to say something else but I forgot it. Maybe later lol.
Original post by Il1L
I was just looking back at the first post where you said about your username and I really like it to :tongue:

Original post by 5hyl33n

I’m glad to hear that you were a lot more productive over the last two days.

Good luck!

Most users tend to tag in their big updates. If you are planning on updating every day, then tagging might not be the best idea. But if you are updating every week or so, then tagging sounds good. Does that make sense? :tongue:

Thank you haha. I'm not very creative like that :biggrin:

@II1L - It's not letting me quote your other post; I appreciate the offer but don't force it lol. As much as I want this blog to be more popular I also want it to be natural.
Thank you haha. I'm not very creative like that :biggrin:

@II1L - It's not letting me quote your other post; I appreciate the offer but don't force it lol. As much as I want this blog to be more popular I also want it to be natural.

ok :smile:
Day... eh, I lost count.

This is hard. Sticking to schedule is hard. Abstaining is hard. Harder even now, when the big update has come out for my game and I know I can't touch it. I want to, more than anything. And not being able to truly sucks. I would never have said I needed the game, but now that I can't play it, I do not feel good.
Even with my game design and 3D modelling stuff going well, I feel... unfulfilled. I wouldn't go as far as to say unhappy, but I don't feel great either. And I don't know what to do.
I hate this.
I was going to make a post tonight but I procrastinated and now I'm too tired, so tomorrow I'll do it
I did it! .... Kind of.

I went the full month without touching a video game. I also almost succeeded in no takeout, only had 1. Failed in everything else, but it's a start.

This month, I'm going to try to detox from most things again, but see whether I am capable of balancing minimal gaming hours within a fulfilling schedule. The things I am detoxing this month:

- *Obsessive* gaming
- All web/phone games
- Takeout
- PMO
- Possibly social media before the evening, but undecided.

To keep on track with my gaming I've built a slot into my schedule for daily gaming review. I intend to track how long I played, whether I played out of my scheduled time, how I felt during and after, and how much it affected me during the day. If this shows that it is affecting me too much, I will ditch it entirely again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending