The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor University Midwifery queries!

I'm looking at starting midwifery for next year 23/24 as I am still currently on a university course at a different university. I see it says Bangor/Wrexham on the Bangor University website. Are you able to choose if you are based in Bangor or Wrexham or is it split between the two? Debating whether to apply for Chester or Bangor as I am based in Wrexham and have 2 children.
Also, if you do get through to the interview stages what is the process? I understand there is a maths and English test, is there anything else after?
Thanks!
Original post by Gabby.d22
I'm looking at starting midwifery for next year 23/24 as I am still currently on a university course at a different university. I see it says Bangor/Wrexham on the Bangor University website. Are you able to choose if you are based in Bangor or Wrexham or is it split between the two? Debating whether to apply for Chester or Bangor as I am based in Wrexham and have 2 children.
Also, if you do get through to the interview stages what is the process? I understand there is a maths and English test, is there anything else after?
Thanks!

Hi @Gabby.d22,

The theory part of the course will largely be provided through a blended, distance learning approach with some face to face sessions provided in our study centres in Bangor and in Wrexham, and possibly in other areas across north Wales. The majority of the course is out on Placement within the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, you are able to specify your preferred area for placement, If you would prefer to be placed in Wrexham you need to include this in your placement choices. Although it is not guaranteed we do try our best to place students in their preferred placements.

If you are successful in meeting the Entry Requirements you will be invited for a literacy and numeracy test as well as a interview. Once you've attended the interview and completed the tests the admissions team then decide to make you an offer or not.

Remember you can also get NHW funding for this course, make sure to have a read of this page https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/nhs-funding.php.en - certainly worth looking into if you are going to be studying in Wales :smile:

If you need any more help let me know
Rhian
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
what type of revision could you do for the literacy and numeracy test? I have mine coming up soon.
Original post by emmamccann
what type of revision could you do for the literacy and numeracy test? I have mine coming up soon.

Hello r u doing Radiography next year? I am and know no one

Quick Reply

Latest